Discussion topic: Sky HD

This message was authored by JC57 This message was authored by: JC57

Sky HD

If I cancel my Sky HD element of my package do I loose all HD channels including those that only transmit in HD (e.g. ITV which only transmit in HD for free) or do I loose just  sky's own  HD channels 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Sky HD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JC57 wrote:

If I cancel my Sky HD element of my package do I loose all HD channels including those that only transmit in HD (e.g. ITV which only transmit in HD for free) or do I loose just  sky's own  HD channels 

Hi @JC57 

Without the Sky Q HD add on you lose all HD except free to air channels such as BBC, ITV etc.

Also although Ch4 HD and Ch5 HD are free to air by satellite you will not be able to download them in HD from On Demand and Catch up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@JC57 

You keep the PSB (1-5) and other free-to-air HD channels.  It's the subscription ones which won't be available 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@JC57 wrote:

Hi @JC57 

Without the Sky Q HD add on you lose all HD except free to air channels such as BBC, ITV etc.

Also although Ch4 HD and Ch5 HD are free to air by satellite you will not be able to download them in HD from On Demand and Catch up

JC57
Topic Author

Thankyou very helpful.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Hi @JC57 

Worth noting that if you have Sky Cinema or Sky Sports subscriptions these are in HD as standard and do not require the HD add on

JC57
Topic Author

Interesting you say this I pay a separate Sports HD Subscription discounted to £2 but I can not understand why and the advisor I spoke to didn't appear to understand or have an answer why it seems to be some legacy payment 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@JC57 wrote:

Interesting you say this I pay a separate Sports HD Subscription discounted to £2 but I can not understand why and the advisor I spoke to didn't appear to understand or have an answer why it seems to be some legacy payment 

hi @JC57 

THe Sports HD subscription is a  legacy billing quirk which still lists it separate  - you can't remove it in the UK as  Sports HD has been standard for a while

The Sports HD does only apply to the SKY Sports channels

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@JC57 wrote:

Sports HD is itemised and included in the total agreed price for Sports.  (It can not be removed nor is it actually costing you as you pay £2 less for the main sports sub)

Not a legacy payment but a legacy configuration.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion