Discussion topic: Sky Cinema...is it worth having for free?

This message was authored by keitht1666 This message was authored by: keitht1666

Sky Cinema...is it worth having for free?

I've been with Sky for around 30 years and used to have the movie channels...(sure there were x2?)

I stopped subscribing when work gave me limited free time. Recently I had an offer from VIP giving

Sky Cinema free for 4 weeks then £6/month for a further 3 months. Also you get Paramount + thrown in. This seemed like a great deal and I remember 20 years ago Sky having a brilliant selection of movies. I nearly signed up there and then,  but being a bit sad lol, thought I'd check the movie schedule and the Ts&Cs.

Well what a disappointment, seems there's only one Premier per month and the standard schedule looks like my long redundant VHS collection. Then the small print; £13/month rising to £14 in April with some blurb about costs possibly rising further, once the introductory offer ends.

Sorry Sky i don't even want this for free, in fact I'm quite disappointed that you're offering so little for, in the long term, so much £££.

In fact looking at my Sky package and having recently bought a modern smart TV, I'm wondering why I should continue in the long term as a Sky customer. I just need a box with a hard drive for recording free to air or freesat and I'll have everything I want to watch.

Sky used to be the premier service for TV & movies ...only thing now seems premier is the cost!

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Sky Cinema...is it worth having for free?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@keitht1666 wrote:

Sorry Sky i don't even want this for free, in fact I'm quite disappointed that you're offering so little for, in the long term, so much £££.

You're not addressing Sky here - just other customers...

If you don't find it value then don't subscribe.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Cinema...is it worth having for free?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@keitht1666 wrote:

I've been with Sky for around 30 years and used to have the movie channels...(sure there were x2?)

I stopped subscribing when work gave me limited free time. Recently I had an offer from VIP giving

Sky Cinema free for 4 weeks then £6/month for a further 3 months. Also you get Paramount + thrown in. This seemed like a great deal and I remember 20 years ago Sky having a brilliant selection of movies. I nearly signed up there and then,  but being a bit sad lol, thought I'd check the movie schedule and the Ts&Cs.

Well what a disappointment, seems there's only one Premier per month and the standard schedule looks like my long redundant VHS collection. Then the small print; £13/month rising to £14 in April with some blurb about costs possibly rising further, once the introductory offer ends.

In fact looking at my Sky package and having recently bought a modern smart TV, I'm wondering why I should continue in the long term as a Sky customer. I just need a box with a hard drive for recording free to air or freesat and I'll have everything I want to watch.

Sky used to be the premier service for TV & movies ...only thing now seems premier is the cost!

Hi @keitht1666 

The Sky Q Cinema package is as shown below.

Did you check the Schedule for all of them including On Demand?

IMG_0437.jpeg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion