Discussion topic: SKY Mini Box - Multiscreen

This message was authored by Audi-1966 This message was authored by: Audi-1966

SKY Mini Box - Multiscreen

Hi all,

I've just signed up to a multiscreen offer for 18 months for my SKY Q package. However, I'm just curious if anyone has had issues setting theirs up and if I need to buy any cables to connect the mini box to my HD TV.

Is it pretty straightforward with easy to understand instructions etc.

Also, I want to secure it on the back panel of the  TV because it's wall mounted - is there a decent bracket available for the mini box and, if so, where from and approximate cost - thank you.

Kind Regards 👍

Best Answers
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn Answer

Re: SKY Mini Box - Multiscreen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Audi-1966   The HDMI cable is included in the box. As far as the wall bracket is concerned, search Amazon for "sky q mini box wall mount". Just make sure there is plenty of ventilation.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-sky-q

Edit: Make sure that you ordered a Mini box with your Multiscreen subscription. You don't get one by default, as people take out a Multiscreen subscription to watch on tablets, phones etc.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn Answer

Hi @Audi-1966   The HDMI cable is included in the box. As far as the wall bracket is concerned, search Amazon for "sky q mini box wall mount". Just make sure there is plenty of ventilation.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-sky-q

Edit: Make sure that you ordered a Mini box with your Multiscreen subscription. You don't get one by default, as people take out a Multiscreen subscription to watch on tablets, phones etc.

Audi-1966
Topic Author

Many thanks for the reply and the link is really helpful.

I'll look on Amazon later to see whats available and take the ventilation tip onboard 👍

Audi-1966
Topic Author

Just an update!

The package arrived yesterday and is basically Plug n Play, apart from pressing and holding a button on my router during set up!

Very straightforward install, and the box sits neatly on top of my TV so I'm not bothering with a mounting bracket!

Thanks for the help/advice @MultiQuinn

This message was authored by arsenal54 This message was authored by: arsenal54

I'm wondering if I have multi screen and mini box do I need to connect my second tv to a phone line or is it connected by wi fi

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@arsenal54 wrote:

I'm wondering if I have multi screen and mini box do I need to connect my second tv to a phone line or is it connected by wi fi

@arsenal54 you do not need your mini box/second TV connected to a phone line

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Audi-1966
Topic Author

No @arsenal54 .. just the Mini Box gets wirelessly connected to your SKY Router/SKY Q Box.

My TV isn't a smart tv and the Mini Box is very easy to set-up via wireless - plug and play as I call it!

This message was authored by Salcab This message was authored by: Salcab

Hi 

my sky mini box has stopped working and I can't get a number anywhere to call !!!

I've tried it in another tv and nothing , it does say on the tv where the main sky box is connected the it's "connected" . When the plug is switched on the red light comes on then immediately goes off . Any ideas ? Thank you 

Audi-1966
Topic Author

Could this be a faulty box?!

contact SKY and I'm sure they'll talk you through the steps needed or, send you out a new mini box!

This message was authored by Salcab This message was authored by: Salcab

Thank you @Audi-1966 

i'll give them a call , I didn't have much luck last time 

This message was authored by Nelly786 This message was authored by: Nelly786

Could anyone advise setting up my sky multi room and it's not connecting to broadband router or internet?? Do I switch the internet off altogether and see that way?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion