Discussion topic: Returning boxes

This message was authored by Ryan+stowel This message was authored by: Ryan+stowel

Returning boxes

Hi I've been a Sky customer for over near on 10 years I was told the boxes would be sent to me and nothing was ever sent never had no msg to tell me they was coming I've moved from the address now as I've had a baby and the boxes was let at the old address. Now I'm being told to return the boxes I don't have. Only near on 2 months later are you asking for these boxes I haven't got. And I cant afford £165 for not returning. I've been paying a lot of money for Sky over the years and find this unfair to be billed for no return I never return any of my old boxes. Can some one help me with this 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Returning boxes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ryan+stowel  You are liable for the charges if you fail to return the equipment which was only loaned to you 

you could have used your own boxes and printed your own. Return label 

or you could have contacted sky to chase the boxes 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Ryan+stowel 

Sky Q boxes and mini boxes are only loaned to you and as per the T's and C's you agreed to have to be returned at the termination of your subscription. Any non return fees will be reimbursed as and when you return them. Remember to keep proof of posting safe and indefinitely. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ryan+stowel wrote:

the boxes was let at the old address.

Unfortunately it was your contractual obligation to keep the loaned Q hardware safe, irrespective of whether or not you had received returns packaging.

Ownership of equipment and the viewing card

• Sky Q boxes are loaned equipment supplied to you at no cost and remain the property of Sky (or another Sky group company) at all times.

You must not dispose of loaned equipment and we recommend you insure it against loss, theft or damage for the full replacement value.

You must return or allow us to collect loaned equipment when reasonably requested to do so. This is the case even if it is being used by you to receive third party retailed content and you are responsible for managing any subscriptions with third parties.

If you fail to return the loaned equipment you will have to pay a non-return charge. For more information about these charges go to sky.com/nonreturncharge.

• Payment of the non-return charge does not transfer ownership of loaned equipment to you and you are still required to return the loaned equipment to us following our reasonable request.

• If your Sky services end or are restricted we may disable the relevant loaned equipment to stop it from working. When we do this to a Sky Q box you won’t be able to receive any content including free-to-air channels or other third party content and services.

• If we have requested that you return loaned equipment to us and you have failed to do so we may take legal action to recover it from you.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion