Discussion topic: Remote reset not working

This message was authored by Helsbels This message was authored by: Helsbels

Remote reset not working

My sky q remote stopped working with my mini box. I've tried holding 7 and 9 together, and then holding 1 and 3, but when I do the 1 and 3, it says please wait for a while then says 'setup unsuccessful'. I've done this about 20 times now and it's unsuccessful every time!

I'm not sure what else to try. The buttons on the remote are now controlling the sky box, but I can't use my remote before to control volume and turn on/off TV. 

Any help as to what to what else I can try would be great. Thanks!

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Remote reset not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helsbels wrote:

My sky q remote stopped working with my mini box. I've tried holding 7 and 9 together, and then holding 1 and 3, but when I do the 1 and 3, it says please wait for a while then says 'setup unsuccessful'. I've done this about 20 times now and it's unsuccessful every time!

I'm not sure what else to try. The buttons on the remote are now controlling the sky box, but I can't use my remote before to control volume and turn on/off TV. 

Any help as to what to what else I can try would be great. Thanks!

Hi @Helsbels 

After you have reset the remote to infrared (pressing and holding 7 & 9 until the remote led flashes 4 times) then you must make sure that you are pointing the remote at the mini box Infrared sensor when you press and hold 1 & 3

Helsbels
Topic Author
This message was authored by Helsbels This message was authored by: Helsbels

That is exactly what I was trying. And every time it said it setup was unsuccessful. 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helsbels wrote:

That is exactly what I was trying. And every time it said it setup was unsuccessful. 

Hi @Helsbels 

Try a Reset Settings in the mini box hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.

After the Reset you will have to re pair your mini Bluetooth remote.
If you cannot switch the mini box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the mini box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion