Discussion topic: Recording TNT SPORTS EXTRA and Discovery + Replay Issue

This message was authored by TeflonTed This message was authored by: TeflonTed

Recording TNT SPORTS EXTRA and Discovery + Replay Issue

Morning all. Rugby supporter here, just wanting to clarify a couple of issues ahead of new premiership season starting tonight.  I pay for TNT via SKY, so have HD and second box. Main box 2tb.      2 issues please:-

Does TNT Extra work as a channel (ie I can set to record and keep if required) or is it a red button type stream viewable only live? (Thats what I think is the position) 

Using D+ as an app, Streamed programmes can't be recorded, but will be available to view as whole match replays, but how soon after transmission will that  be, and how long will it stay available?

Asking as I'm expected to know this stuff to help friends, some of whom are even older than me. 

Best Answers
TeflonTed
Topic Author
This message was authored by TeflonTed This message was authored by: TeflonTed Answer

Re: Recording TNT SPORTS EXTRA and Discovery + Replay Issue

Pretty much as I thought. Thanks for the confirmation....appreciated.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

TNT Extra is up to six extra channels which are access (whe available) on the red button and can not be recorded. They are also available in the Discovery+ app.

If they are going to be available the replay streams tend to be available on Discovery+ within a hour. Whether or not it is thr whole event is a bit hit and miss.

As I type the Friday night Premiership programmes are available and are over two hours long each - there are also one hour highlights.

@TeflonTed wrote:

Morning all. Rugby supporter here, just wanting to clarify a couple of issues ahead of new premiership season starting tonight.  I pay for TNT via SKY, so have HD and second box. Main box 2tb.      2 issues please:-

Does TNT Extra work as a channel (ie I can set to record and keep if required) or is it a red button type stream viewable only live? (Thats what I think is the position) 

Using D+ as an app, Streamed programmes can't be recorded, but will be available to view as whole match replays, but how soon after transmission will that  be, and how long will it stay available?

Asking as I'm expected to know this stuff to help friends, some of whom are even older than me. 

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

TeflonTed
Topic Author
This message was authored by TeflonTed This message was authored by: TeflonTed Answer

Pretty much as I thought. Thanks for the confirmation....appreciated.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion