Discussion topic: Ppv happened but nobody ordered it

This message was authored by matri25x This message was authored by: matri25x

Ppv happened but nobody ordered it

A ppv event has appeared on my account for a TNT wrestling match that nobody in my household ordered.  Nobody apart from me knows the pin.  I hate wrestling and certainly did not order this.  A sky rep said that the pin has to be entered 3 times and basically called me a liar fir saying that I did not order it.  So as far as I can see there is no way to change their minds....help please

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Ppv happened but nobody ordered it

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@matri25x 

I don't order PPV either so don't know how many times the pin needs entering. It might be wise to change the pin number anyway just in case.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Have you checked that the pin is indeed turned on for purchases?

See https://www.sky.com/help/articles/managing-parental-settings

As per this

Turning PIN on purchase on or off

Your Sky box is set up to ask for your PIN before you buy or rent any shows, movies or PPV events via the Sky Store or Box Office to keep your account secure.

If you are looking to rent any movies or PPV events via the Sky Store or Box Office, you can turn this off if you wish.

To do this:

1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote and select Settings, then Parental.

2. Enter your Sky TV PIN.

3. Select Family, then PIN on purchaseOff

4. Select Off to remove the need for a PIN for rentals or Box Office, or On to ask for a PIN before a movie can be rented or an event booked.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
matri25x
Topic Author

Yes  I know about that thanks but the point is that there are only 2 of us in the house, and only I know the pin.  I did not order a box office as stated.  In fact I have never done so.  

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @matri25x   

All you can do is raise a formal complaint https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

You could also try viewer relations by emailing viewerR@sky.uk 

matri25x
Topic Author

Thanks for the suggestions, I will certainly follow them up.  I am expecting a call from Retentions who said a manager will call. 

Cheers

This message was authored by Neil+Essex This message was authored by: Neil+Essex

A pin doesn't require being entered 3 times . Everytime I've ordered a PPV I only enter it once just to confirm the order. 

Sky Q 2TB HDR Box & 1 Mini Box
Sky Signature with Netflix
Sky Sports Complete Pack
TNT Sports
Sky Cinema
MUTV
Sky Multiscreen
HD & UHD Pack

Virgin Media Gig 1 Broadband
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@matri25x wrote:

A ppv event has appeared on my account for a TNT wrestling match that nobody in my household ordered.  Nobody apart from me knows the pin.  I hate wrestling and certainly did not order this.  A sky rep said that the pin has to be entered 3 times and basically called me a liar fir saying that I did not order it.  So as far as I can see there is no way to change their minds....help please

You only need to enter the pin once. Have you ever ordered a PPV event on TNT previously as when I used to work for them the charge could be very late in arriving (months and months later in fact). Do you know what the event was exactly? Sky (or TNT perhaps) will be able to tell you exactly when it was ordered.

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

If ordered via the Box then the event has to be watched (even for a second) for it then to charge.

There are other ways to order the event so are you sure it was via the remote?

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

matri25x
Topic Author

2 answers

1 I have never order a box office event with Sky or Tnt

2  not being aware of this I certainly did not watch it

I wonder how Data Security stands up in this  if someone else has ordered this and somehow it has ended up on my account.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@matri25x wrote:

2 answers

I wonder how Data Security stands up in this  if someone else has ordered this and somehow it has ended up on my account.

TNT bought out BT Sports PPV awhile back so if it was an older order it would have been under BT, not Sky (even if on your Sky bill).

Data security has nothing to do with it and no one can order it and it end up on your account. I would hazard a guess someone in your houshold ordered it without telling you.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@matri25x wrote:

2 answers

@matri25x the Discovery+ app on a mobile device also allows you to order PPV content for TNT Sport

Screenshot_20240331-211646_discovery+.jpg

Screenshot_20240331-211708_discovery+.jpg

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@matri25x wrote:

2 answers

Then there would be an onus on you to prove such.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
matri25x
Topic Author

I reiterate there are only 2 in the household ans neither of us has ordered this.  I'll check my account weekly from now on.  Meanwhile I have a formal complaint registered as recommended earlier. Will post any relevant updates.

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Do you have any pets? I'm wondering if by some strange chance a pet has stood on the remote & somehow changed the channel to ppv & entered the pin.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion