Discussion topic: Paramount Plus Buffering

This message was authored by AnytimePlus+On+VM This message was authored by: AnytimePlus+On+VM

Re: Paramount Plus Buffering

We generally have no issues with Sky Q etc. but even we have to admit that the Paramount+ app is flakey on Sky Q. 

We tend not to get the buffering/ratings display issue on our main box, but our mini box does all the time. Our main box does however suffer from the 'oops' error all the time. 

In contrast we don't have any issues with the other Sky Q apps on either box (Disney+, Netflix etc.) and we don't have any issues with the Paramount+ app on Android (phones/tablets). 

The Sky Q app does seem flakey at best. 

This message was authored by jewell4711 This message was authored by: jewell4711

Look on you tube where many people are complaining about Paramount + so cannot see why it could be a skyQ problem,  P+ is free so if we went to another place to get it we would have to pay

I dont bother watching it anymore and when my contract is up with Sky I will close my account

This message was authored by seandrews This message was authored by: seandrews

It's Sky passive aggressive behaviour to "force" you onto hard drive less glass or stream

especially glass which is a closed system tv with virtually no redeeming features which could have been the best feature ever bought out by Sky. 

This message was authored by jackboy This message was authored by: jackboy

Unwatchable. Worked well for first few weeks but now just hopeless. There doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.

This message was authored by Sonogold This message was authored by: Sonogold

Paramount Plus buffering and fan on Q box staying on even when I leave the Paramount app. What is going on? Many people have now raised the issue and no direction from Sky. Seriously considering my 1080/year contract renewal in January because of the lack of support for channels  it is promoting on its platform, along with the premium rates it charges and NO response to its clients concerns. Not good enough.

This message was authored by Artic_junkie This message was authored by: Artic_junkie

I have the same problem but I run it through the p+ app on a smart tv, with sky broadband. I don't have sky tv or skyQ . And it has only started to buffer since I updated the app. So is it sky broadband or the p+app ??? 

This message was authored by Mikhailichenko This message was authored by: Mikhailichenko

I would suggest it is the app. I have BT broadband with Sky Q. Paramount + is the only thing that I have an issue with. I've giiven up watching P+ altogether.

This message was authored by KeithF35 This message was authored by: KeithF35

Am having same buffering issues, to the point where I get the Whoops something went wrong banner.

I've got full fibre with over 900Mbps and it still buffers. Yet no problem with Netflix or Prime.
Overall making programmes completely unwatchable and considering cancelling my P+ subscription!

Please can someone sort this out!!

This message was authored by cobra69 This message was authored by: cobra69

same here.

sky q, full virgin 300 MB.

netflix, all other apps work fine.

paramount plus, constant buffering.

no wondee, they give ir away free.

totally unwatchable.

sky or paramount, get this mess sorted 

some great shows and movies, people are missing out on.

taking  plenty of money of us, with sky cinema

This message was authored by Charlotteham18 This message was authored by: Charlotteham18

At least I'm not the only person with this issue. Every other app (Netflix, Disney+, Prime etc) is fine. Watching paramount+ the screen goes black after less than 5 mins of watching something, I have to exit the app and go back into it. It's getting REALLY irritating. 

This message was authored by Jewell51 This message was authored by: Jewell51

Good job it is free with sky cinema . I feel sorry for the people paying full price for it.

This message was authored by MINDSET This message was authored by: MINDSET

Same issue, why is it so poor. Every program eventually freezes. Just watched a trailer now and it froze. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion