Discussion topic: Netflix suddenly in Spanish

This message was authored by Andrew1976 This message was authored by: Andrew1976

Netflix suddenly in Spanish

My Netflix app through Sky Q is suddenly in Spanish. My profiles have all disappeared and I cannot see any way to change it. It seems to be logged in with a Spanish email as well.  Anyone had this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Netflix suddenly in Spanish

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yeah, account has been hijacked by someone. You'll need to call Netflix I believe.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@Andrew1976 wrote:

My Netflix app through Sky Q is suddenly in Spanish. My profiles have all disappeared and I cannot see any way to change it. It seems to be logged in with a Spanish email as well.  Anyone had this?

Hi @Andrew1976 Have you tried logging out of the Netflix app then logging back in with your SKY credentials?

In the Netflix app go into help and then scroll down to sign out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

@Quoman7 wrote:

@Andrew1976 wrote:

Hi @Andrew1976 Have you tried logging out of the Netflix app then logging back in with your SKY credentials?

In the Netflix app go into help and then scroll down to sign out.

what Sky credentials can you use to authenticate on netflix?

Andrew1976
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andrew1976 This message was authored by: Andrew1976

Hi @Quoman7. I just tried your suggestion and after a bit it logged in to the same version. I have added new profiles that are in English and managed to change the Spanish one over so at least we have the access back. We have lost all the profiles including the kids watching histories etc. which is very frustrating. I will be calling Sky today with very low hopes of it getting resolved! 

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Andrew1976 wrote:

Hi @Quoman7. I just tried your suggestion and after a bit it logged in to the same version. I have added new profiles that are in English and managed to change the Spanish one over so at least we have the access back. We have lost all the profiles including the kids watching histories etc. which is very frustrating. I will be calling Sky today with very low hopes of it getting resolved! 

Pretty sure it's not a Sky issue, you need to speak with Netflix

I am just another Sky customer!

@Andrew1976 wrote:

Did you change your password?

also - look for strange credit cards on your account. Hackers sometimes add them to do verification so they can change important account details. Remove them if you see any.

Yeah this has nothing to do with Sky. No point calling them.

This message was authored by Travey61 This message was authored by: Travey61

Re: Netflix suddenly in Spanish all my profile has gone

My Netflix is now in Spanish and my profile has gone why

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Travey61 wrote:

My Netflix is now in Spanish and my profile has gone why

@Travey61 at a guess your account has been hacked you are best to contact Netflix with rgards to this 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Shannasmummy This message was authored by: Shannasmummy

as a sky cust my netflix app went to spanish, i called sky, cancelled netflix then added it back on, turned sy box off then on it logged me out but app still uin spanish, googled the spanish word for login, found it logged in with my details and the app went back to english and i got my account access back

@Shannasmummy wrote:

as a sky cust my netflix app went to spanish, i called sky, cancelled netflix then added it back on, turned sy box off then on it logged me out but app still uin spanish, googled the spanish word for login, found it logged in with my details and the app went back to english and i got my account access back

See the comments above about changing your password and removing any unknown credit cards on your profile.

This message was authored by sitandspin This message was authored by: sitandspin

After a fun night trying to sort I managed in the end via Netflix live chat and also doing the following,

Go to the Netflix app on Sky Q and on the screen
with the random profile press the following buttons
on the Sky remote
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up,
Up, Up
This opened a hidden menu. I got the email address that the hacker used from the "membership" (Miembro) tab, and the service code from the "contact us" (Contactarnos) tab

Netflix Live chat were then able to log the hackers out of Netflix on my sky q box reset the email address associated with the Netflix account back to my own email address, and sent me links to follow to reset password and PIN numbers on the Netflix website on my mobile phone

This message was authored by Lilolill This message was authored by: Lilolill

I've had this same issue, this is how to fix it:

on the 3rd or 4th Spanish profile, log in using PIN code 1234, then go to settings and log out. You may need google translate to help but this enables you to log out of this glitched account. Then log in your own account and all should be good.

@Lilolill wrote:

I've had this same issue, this is how to fix it:

on the 3rd or 4th Spanish profile, log in using PIN code 1234, then go to settings and log out. You may need google translate to help but this enables you to log out of this glitched account. Then log in your own account and all should be good.

Are you saying the Sky box is logging you into a different account than it should be? You don't even get to choose do you?

This message was authored by Lilolill This message was authored by: Lilolill

I had it logging into the same Spanish account on two out of three boxes. SKY don't know what's going on, baffled all the engineers.  Anyway at least I know how to get logged out unless they change the PIN code .

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion