Discussion topic: Netflix suddenly in Spanish

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Netflix suddenly in Spanish

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

So when you log back in - it's not got those profiles and isn't in Spanish?

This message was authored by Lilolill This message was authored by: Lilolill

As it allowed me to log out of the Spanish account it reboots to allow me to log into my account.

So if you're back in your account, how will them changing a PIN in a profile on their account affect you?

It won't only if others that have reported this issue. I've dug around on the forums and it's been happening randomly for a while, same Spanish account with 5 users.

Even a factory reset doesn't clear it.

Yes that's because all their accounts (not 5 but huge numbers of them, it's very common if you google) were hacked. I'm trying to understand why yours seems to have been a completely different account that your box logged into.

(I suspect it's not and yours is also a hacked account and you should change your password and boot all other devices off)

The issue is something at sky, all other devices that log into my Netflix account work fine. Only sky devices were logging into a Spanish account automatically.

i logged into my Netflix account via a PC and logged out of all devices. The sky boxes still went straight to the Spanish account. This is because something at sky was logging into the Spanish account automatically. Logging out of your own accounts in other devices has no effect if the app via sky automatically logs into the Spanish account. The issue is nothing to do with the end user, it's a sky tech issue.

@Lilolill wrote:

The issue is something at sky, all other devices that log into my Netflix account work fine. Only sky devices were logging into a Spanish account automatically.

i logged into my Netflix account via a PC and logged out of all devices. The sky boxes still went straight to the Spanish account. This is because something at sky was logging into the Spanish account automatically. Logging out of your own accounts in other devices has no effect if the app via sky automatically logs into the Spanish account. The issue is nothing to do with the end user, it's a sky tech issue.

Really interesting. This is a different scenario than most other people. No one else has said they could still login as normal on other devices. Did you have an account prior to Sky so your login email is different fron your sky id email?

This message was authored by Em39 This message was authored by: Em39

Hello, our sky has also randomly went into Spanish. I phoned sky who said I had to phone Netflix and they told us to sign out which we did and it's signed back in... without us even signing in... we're at a loss!! 

This message was authored by Em39 This message was authored by: Em39

Same! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion