Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Pg666 This message was authored by: Pg666

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Hi Chloe. This issue has been going on for years with Sky. You can find people saying this (including myself) on these forums going back years. I've only ever had this issue with Sky. Netflix works perfect if I bypass Sky and just use the smart tv. And it works perfect on my laptop or mobile. It is only within Sky that I ever get this issue. Seems to me like it will never get permanently fixed

This message was authored by MJW2411 This message was authored by: MJW2411

red spinning circle on launch netflix

hello  I hope you can help me with this we are having issues with netflix on sky Q just will not  load we have tryed to refresh the app and turned it off at the plug and taking out the card it work for a while and then go again  can anyone please help me with this

Kind Regards

Joanna

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: red spinning circle on launch netflix

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MJW2411 

I've merged your post into an ongoing thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Bobness This message was authored by: Bobness

@MJW2411 wrote:

hello  I hope you can help me with this we are having issues with netflix on sky Q just will not  load we have tryed to refresh the app and turned it off at the plug and taking out the card it work for a while and then go again  can anyone please help me with this

Kind Regards

Joanna

I have typed up twice on this forum how I fixed a SkyQ mini box and a SkyQ main box last week with this very problem. They are both still working.

It takes about half an hour to fix it yourself, assuming that the cause is the same which it likely is.

See post 1525 and try it. Anything you don't understand come back to me and ask.

At this point I give up, I've reported a fix twice, What more can I do?

Bob.

This message was authored by Ray+Clarke101 This message was authored by: Ray+Clarke101

Not sure how many examples you need. It's obviously known issue. Has there been any progress since this was raised over 3 months ago?

This message was authored by Macbecs This message was authored by: Macbecs

Cancel that, it's gone back to spinning circle again now.🫣

This message was authored by Fruitbat21 This message was authored by: Fruitbat21

I can't even get the 001 settings refresh part to work. Nevermind the rest. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Bobness wrote:

@MJW2411 wrote:

Kind Regards

Joanna

I have typed up twice on this forum how I fixed a SkyQ mini box and a SkyQ main box last week with this very problem. They are both still working.

It takes about half an hour to fix it yourself, assuming that the cause is the same which it likely is.

See post 1525 and try it. Anything you don't understand come back to me and ask.

At this point I give up, I've reported a fix twice, What more can I do?

Bob.

Welcome to the forum Bob 😉

This message was authored by Ray+Clarke101 This message was authored by: Ray+Clarke101

I'm new to this and assumed that Sky actually provided technical resource to support common user issues. I now understand its for sky customers to sort out each others problems? If that's so, we're paying for an expensive service that isn't working and Sky need to resolve that and not carry on charging for it.

This message was authored by Bobness This message was authored by: Bobness

@Ray+Clarke101 wrote:

I'm new to this and assumed that Sky actually provided technical resource to support common user issues. I now understand its for sky customers to sort out each others problems? If that's so, we're paying for an expensive service that isn't working and Sky need to resolve that and not carry on charging for it.

To fix or not to fix that is the question.
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the
red spinning Netflix and wait for Sky to fix it.
Or take up pen, paper and remote against a sea
of no Netflix and by opposing, fix it?

It is no use keep moaning if people are not prepared to have a go.

Probable fix in post 1525 and that's it, I give up.

Bob.

Being unhappy with a service that you're paying for and doesn't work is not moaning. Sky need to correct this problem and not rely on "goodwill" of its customers to resolve Sky's own problems amongst themselves. Its frankly taking the P. 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ray+Clarke101 wrote:

Being unhappy with a service that you're paying for and doesn't work is not moaning. Sky need to correct this problem and not rely on "goodwill" of its customers to resolve Sky's own problems amongst themselves. Its frankly taking the P. 

@Ray+Clarke101 it's a customer to customer forum plenty of knowledgeable posters from Level 0 to Level 16 

Sky know there is an issue have you not selected the answer and filled in the form.

I'm also paying for Netflix billed via Sky as it's cheaper than Netflix direct Sky aren't forcing me to watch via Sky Q I have the option to watch via my mobile devices Firetvstick PS5 Xbox.

Obviously Sky don't own the Netflix app so it's down to Netflix to fix so it works correctly on the Sky Q box.

This message was authored by Kevin121 This message was authored by: Kevin121

Netflix not working just sits there spooling for hours. How does this not boot up when it clearly on

Netflix no working not booting up just sits there spooling. 

This message was authored by Johnnymc1 This message was authored by: Johnnymc1

Been havingthe sane issue everday have to power off sky box etc then it works ok all other apps on sky box work ok issue only with Netflix for last 2 months fine before 

This message was authored by Johnnymc1 This message was authored by: Johnnymc1

Hi interesting reading have had same issue last 2 months mini box works fine only issue is with main dky q box have to turn everything off for it  to work ss per earlier thread and it is a pain tried calling sky waited nearly an hour  then cut off  calked back and message said it was now out of hours!!! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion