Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix Won't Load / Spinning Circle

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sunskai 

See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

@CardiffGareth wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

wrote:

I'm amazed at the refund posts do we ask for a refund cause we haven't used our Sky Q box for two weeks due to being abroad 

Apologies to those who didn't have a Netflix subscription before joining Sky 

Unless in all honesty you haven't got another device to watch Netflix on refunds are out I'm afraid.

This reply is so poor I don't know where to start! 

If I go on holiday for 2 weeks, this is a choice that I, the end user and bill payer makes, so that's down to me. The issue with netflix though is out of my control, not down to me the end user, and caused by an issue that's been going on for far too long, so yes, asking for a refund seems sensible when I'm paying for a service i can't use. 

Great idea about another device, I'll use my Sky Q mini box upstairs instead, oh wait I can't as that's controlled by the main Q box so also doesn't work. I know, as a family of 5, let's all huddle around my phone, yes, that's a great idea!

I hope you see your post is illogical. 

At the end of the day, if you pay for a service, which isn't cheap by the way, and it fails to deliver, then you're within your rights to ask for compensation in the form of a partial refund. 

So you have Sky multiroom but not a single Smart TV, Amazon Firestick or Roku stick or similar in the household?

I'm only paying £4.50 a month for our Netflix which is the Standard with Ads version which suits us. Given the standalone cost is £4.99, £10.99 or £17.99 a month (plus another £4.99 a month for extra members if needed) I'd class that as cheap.

This message was authored by Sunskai This message was authored by: Sunskai

Thanks: the post marked 2 that I can find seems to suggest doing what we are already doing. I have seen the June 14 post that mentions that Sky are aware of this and will fix it on the next software update. 

Thanks again.

@Sunskai wrote:

Thanks: the post marked 2 that I can find seems to suggest doing what we are already doing. I have seen the June 14 post that mentions that Sky are aware of this and will fix it on the next software update. 

Thanks again.

Post 2 just tells you that it's a known issue and will be fixed in the next Sky Q box software update.

Have you tried signing into your Netflix account online through a browser and removed the Sky box from the devices list? You'll find it under the account section. Once you've done that turn off the box at the wall (not just in standby) for at least 30 seconds then reboot. It should automatically sign you in and will hopefully resolve it for you.

This message was authored by CardiffGareth This message was authored by: CardiffGareth

@Anonymous wrote:

@CardiffGareth wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

wrote:

I'm amazed at the refund posts do we ask for a refund cause we haven't used our Sky Q box for two weeks due to being abroad 

Unless in all honesty you haven't got another device to watch Netflix on refunds are out I'm afraid.

If I go on holiday for 2 weeks, this is a choice that I, the end user and bill payer makes, so that's down to me. The issue with netflix though is out of my control, not down to me the end user, and caused by an issue that's been going on for far too long, so yes, asking for a refund seems sensible when I'm paying for a service i can't use. 

Great idea about another device, I'll use my Sky Q mini box upstairs instead, oh wait I can't as that's controlled by the main Q box so also doesn't work. I know, as a family of 5, let's all huddle around my phone, yes, that's a great idea!

At the end of the day, if you pay for a service, which isn't cheap by the way, and it fails to deliver, then you're within your rights to ask for compensation in the form of a partial refund. 

So you have Sky multiroom but not a single Smart TV, Amazon Firestick or Roku stick or similar in the household?

I'm only paying £4.50 a month for our Netflix which is the Standard with Ads version which suits us. Given the standalone cost is £4.99, £10.99 or £17.99 a month (plus another £4.99 a month for extra members if needed) I'd class that as cheap.

No we don't have smart TVs, fire sticks etc. Our TVs just turn on, have standard aerial input as well as HDMI ports. 

I also don't own a Firestick etc. Don't see the point of buying 3rd party sticks etc that do what I can do already, seems rather wasteful and meaningless 

@CardiffGareth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CardiffGareth wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

wrote:

No we don't have smart TVs, fire sticks etc. Our TVs just turn on, have standard aerial input as well as HDMI ports. 

I also don't own a Firestick etc. Don't see the point of buying 3rd party sticks etc that do what I can do already, seems rather wasteful and meaningless 

Even now?

This message was authored by CardiffGareth This message was authored by: CardiffGareth

@Anonymous I was just replying to your comment about if I had other ways of watching Netflix! We're towards the end of Good Girls and my wife is having kittens when we can't get on!

Good call I suppose about buying a Firestick as that'll solve the problem, I just begrudge buying something when I shouldn't have to. 

This message was authored by Meems This message was authored by: Meems

It should be on the Home Screen on Sky  box. 'Relatively Small numbers', I'm not aware of the numbers, are you? Yet this forum appears quite popular, and that's just those of us who have ventured here, and found this place of refuge. Not all of us are tech savvy, including myself. However,  I'm savvy enough not to suggest adding any sort of notification to the top of an app that is not working (please see above). Also, advising people to use other devices is only helpful if they have them. Why should they have to spend more money buying them, so they can watch something they already pay for? Effective, constructive advice is always preferable to sarcasm. 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CardiffGareth wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

wrote:

Fair comment @CardiffGareth I pay £11.00 for Netflix Premium via Sky

Still saving £6.99 per month and I don't need to watch via Sky Q box Youngest son watches via PS5 as he doesn't have a SmartTV he also has Sky Go installed on his Xbox.

This message was authored by Panchick This message was authored by: Panchick

• I found @piepowder's comment helpful. I followed the "update software trick" steps and it seemed to resolve the spinning netflix circle issue.
This message was authored by Jsf92 This message was authored by: Jsf92

My sky q mini box just randomly restarted without prompt. It seems to have updated to 270. Netflix now works. Might not tomorrow though.

This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

Woke up to 270 on my main box this morning. Love the. Fact theyve finally added a larger text option.  My critisim now would be why only to the tv guide not the whole GUI ans x150 is too much  for me a coupke of options would be better IMHO. Letd hope the netfilx issue is sorted i find its linked tonpower disruptions / network issues for me so will fake a network problen later and see what happens. 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

as per my post on page 100 viz. 25 Jun 2024 10:02 AM and panchick's post - Settings> System info> software version>set up

I checked this morning and Netflix loaded without a problem. Hence seems to me reloading the software re-stabilises it.

Its up to others to see if software re-loading & re-initialisation works for them and remins stable. Easier to me than unplugging / replugging box / router.

cheers

P.S. I am a zero tech person, I remain rooted in a BBC B

Just clicked on software update on mine and I'm still on 260 so don't be surprised if it takes a few days for yours to update. They have to phase these updates in across all customers and there's no way to force it, you have to be patient (not that half of you will pay any attention to that 🙂 ).

This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

I still use my BBC master system with good ole BBC basic.   😁

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion