Discussion topic: Netflix Not Showing UHD Content

This message was authored by Convertible+Bond This message was authored by: Convertible+Bond

Netflix Not Showing UHD Content

Hi there, 

I recently noticed on the Netflix app through my Sky Q box that it is no longer showing UHD or 4K content. It'll show the content but it'll have a HD tag next to it instead of a 4K / HDR / UHD it used to have.

Nothing in my setup has changed. The only things that have changed are:

- We recently had to do a soft reset on the Sky Q box due to frequent crashing.

- I renegotiated my contract with Sky so that in my plan it now says "Boost to Netflix Premium Discounted" instead of "Netflix Add On".

The physical setup of equipment has not changed and when I last checked I could get Sky Sports UHD fine. I'm not sure when the issue with Netflix started but I've only noticed it recently.

My Netflix account is showing the plan as Premium Ultra HD.

Any ideas why this might be happening and how to resolve it? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by will28 This message was authored by: will28 Answer

Re: Netflix Not Showing UHD Content

Check the settings on the sky box see if picture output is set to uhd as I think that is what controls if you can get uhd in netflix or not 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by will28 This message was authored by: will28 Answer

Check the settings on the sky box see if picture output is set to uhd as I think that is what controls if you can get uhd in netflix or not 

Convertible+Bond
Topic Author
This message was authored by Convertible+Bond This message was authored by: Convertible+Bond

Thank you so much, this resolved it and I had no idea about this setting!

The 4K tag has returned 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion