Discussion topic: My sky q mini box constantly keeps losing connection to the main sky q box

This message was authored by AzzWolf This message was authored by: AzzWolf

My sky q mini box constantly keeps losing connection to the main sky q box

My sky q mini box constantly keeps losing connection to the main sky q box.  I've followed all steps restarting the boxes etc but I still keep getting the error message on the sky q mini that it's lost connection to the main sky q box

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Re: My sky q mini box constantly keeps losing connection to the main sky q box

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi AzzWolf

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi AzzWolf

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by davark This message was authored by: davark

I have a similar issue but not confounding as when I check in settings SkyQ mini box is tucked end internet connectivity is great but still my mini box itself says no signal or sometimes no IP address

AzzWolf
Topic Author
This message was authored by AzzWolf This message was authored by: AzzWolf

The issues still no better

This message was authored by Niall2 This message was authored by: Niall2

I'm having the same problem, this is clearly the box that is failing as I have to broadband providers running at speeds of over 850 mbps on both. I have switched between the two providers and still the box keeps dropping out. I reset the box and turned it off and it connected when turned back on but then dropped out again. Seems to happen more in the evening than during the day too. First time this is happening after a year of having the box now every day hsviythis problem. Seems very fishy to me. Sort this out SKY !!!!

@Niall2  thanks. 

I recently changed my broadband provider to a full fibre service which seems to be what you have with those speeds.

When I described my problem with t Sky mini box the engineer  suggested using one of my pre existingBT Wi fi extenders plugged in near the mini box and hard wired into the mini box. They immediately solved the problem as a much faster link speed was being supplied. No issues since and that was meant weeks ago now.

Thanks but I can't use an Ethernet cable as it would look completely slightly as router is on completely the other side of the room or upstairs in a bedroom. So no good. but thanks. Pretty poor fox from engineers though I think the wireless function on the box has failed and that's Sky's work around. Very poor. 

@Niall2  I completely agree that a hard wire may fix the issue but if unsightly in fully circumstances end not a suitable answer in 2023 when WiFi6 ax is available and should work seemlessly on its own. Is a bit of a cop out restoring to Ethernet cable but it got my wife of my back for never having a reliable TV in the kitchen. Needs must. If you sorry thing with WiFi with high reliability do let me know buddy.

No totally agree. No worries will do

This message was authored by HannahRT This message was authored by: HannahRT

This keeps happening to me, every time I turn the sky mini TV back on I get an error message. Only way I can get it working again is by unplugging both boxes and turning back on which is really annoying every time you want to watch TV. 

@ Hannah RT,I strongly suggest you complain to Sky and get an engineer visit to troubleshoot the issue, update any software or firmware needed and/or replace any faulty items like mini box or booster. We were given a letter booster which helped for a good while but eventually we opted for the BT extender and Ethernet plugged directly in to permanently resolve the problem. It must not be ideal send WI fi should work but having a reliable connection bests everything.

This message was authored by EmilyF This message was authored by: EmilyF

Hi, we had no issues for 5 years and then the last 6 months have been awful with all 3 of our mini boxes stuttering or getting the blue screen. 

We've had 3 engineers out, had the mini box in our bedroom hard wired in and had our main box replaced and it's still not working. 

Any other suggestions? Sky run through the same trouble shooting everytime and we've exhausted the options they suggested.

@EmilyF, tout way tout had toute main box replaced, what about the mini boxes? I'd insist that/those are replaced with the latest firmware updates boxes and then try the hard wiring again.

@ Emily F, you said you'd had the main box replaced but have you had your mini box/es replaced with the latest version of the mini box with latest firmware and software. I'd insist that was fine based on your current issues. If they didn't help with hard wiring then I'm stumped.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion