Discussion topic: Ireland: Problems with the Irish Channels Breaking Up

This message was authored by Decareys This message was authored by: Decareys

Re: My channels keep brake up

Hi Chloe

Why was the issue yesterday NOT flagged by Sky?? Were ye not aware!

Can Sky advise the customers if you are aware of any issues with Sky Streaming process this evening??

Thanks

Ger

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Decareys wrote:

Hi Chloe

Why was the issue yesterday NOT flagged by Sky?? Were ye not aware!

Can Sky advise the customers if you are aware of any issues with Sky Streaming process this evening??

Thanks

Ger

Sky don't read every post in this forum, it's prinarily a peer to peer customer forum.

And this is the Q forum where people will assume satellite signal rather than internet service and might give irrelevant advice or comments so Stream questions or issues are much better handled in the Stream/Glass section (but people obviously end up here via search sometimes and don't realise how the forum is organised)

Very interesting and unusual that there was such a widespread problem in Ireland. Especially if it was Q, the west coast especially is quite close to the edge of the satellite footprint so it is more susceptible to issues caused by weather, don't know if solar activity can affect it.

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Chodley 

To be fair Ireland are no where near the edge of the UK Spotbeam, especially as you can pick it up in Spain etc with a big enough dish.

People in Nottingham we're having issues, my only thought is that there was a power issue with that particular Transponder as it did have RTE 1 on it and no one in the UK has RTE

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

@ThePope27 It's further than I thought (sure I've seen a different map somewhere) but in Spain it's pretty ropey even with a 1.8m dish. We switched to internet services in the ballearics.

good thought on the transponder (is it used to onward distribute to Stream since that seemed affected too?)

@Chodley,

You may have seen the old 2d spot beam, that sat was moved from 28.2 some years ago, might even be in the satellite graveyard now.

Ive always said that sky stream is fed from satellite. as it's probably the easiest way.

(removed)

Moderator note: Removed innapropriate remarks.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

@Chodley 

Astra 2d spotbeam, it is now in the graveyard

IMG_1352.jpeg

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Chodley  Channels on stream are fed over the internet.  It is most certainky not fed by satellite despite some people seemingly thinking it is.

Channels distributed over both inetrnet & satelite can suffer issues prior to the uplink/distribution point.

You can't use stream outside the UK & Ireland so any attempt to do so may well lead to different issues in viewing channels.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@GD1 ,

I don't think they have any choice but to at the minute as there are many uplinks to 28.2 not just one so they would have to take the raw video from source, much easier to get feeds from 1 place

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@ThePope27  They can easily get the feeds at the distibution point prior to satellite.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@GD1 

As I said, there's more than 1 uplink to 28.2

Its easier for them to use satellite, which is what I believe they use, or why would sky stream have been effected by the Irish channel issue ? 

Can an admin change the subject on this thread to "breaking up"? It's giving me a headache.

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

And on that subject "Irish channels breaking up" because I'm not sure it's totally resolved yet either.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Ireland: Problems with the Irish Channels Breaking Up

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We're sorry to hear of the difficulty with these channels.

Can you confirm a couple of things for me please if you continue to have difficulty:

• What are the channel names that you're having problems with?
  • What are the channel numbers?
Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by EleyC This message was authored by: EleyC

These are the stations I had problems with but I didn't check every station so there may be others 

channel numbers 101-104 inc

RTE 1 & 2

TG4

Virgin1. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@EleyC wrote:

These are the stations I had problems with but I didn't check every station so there may be others 

channel numbers 101-104 inc

RTE 1 & 2

TG4

Virgin1. 

Thanks for your reply @EleyC 

Are you still having difficulty?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion