Discussion topic: Move sky box or aerial

This message was authored by Stav1867 This message was authored by: Stav1867

Move sky box or aerial

I am wanting to move the location of my tv and sky q box to the other side of the living room. How can i do this without having a long cable trailing around the living room?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Move sky box or aerial

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stav1867 wrote:

I am wanting to move the location of my tv and sky q box to the other side of the living room. How can i do this without having a long cable trailing around the living room?

Hi @Stav1867 

If the new position is on an outside wall it may be possible to re cable to this location from the Satellite dish.  Sky would do this at a charge.

Failing this there is not any other option that I can see.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Stav1867 wrote:

hi @Stav1867 

Realistically your options are limited & will depend on what options are availble to you (i.e. layout of room & access etc.)

As you have probably realised SKY Q does need to be connected via cable to the Sattelite dish.

If there is a suitable entry point externally (i.e. a hole  can be drilled closer)  and the cable can be routed to it (i.e. nothing preventing access to route the cable) then you can pay SKY or an independent installer to move it

Although I am guessing probably not an option for you, I routed  my non SKY cable under my floorboards - so an extension cable could be done that way.

Alternatively -  I think a few people might do this  - you can get D shaped trunking which can be  reasonably inconspicuous, in various shades to hide the cabling that would still need to be routed around the room 

Some people have been known to order a mini box (either have or took out a multiroom subscription)  & used that in the same room - but it is limited to HD  and you might still need to hook up a TV or monitor to the main box from time to time

A completely different approach is to switch from SKY Q to SKY Stream

This message was authored by OscarRae This message was authored by: OscarRae

i want to move my tv and sky Q box to the other side of the room I dont mind having cable showing as I can hide them, but how do I get a longer cable and fix it?

Thanks for any help.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@OscarRae wrote:

i want to move my tv and sky Q box to the other side of the room I dont mind having cable showing as I can hide them, but how do I get a longer cable and fix it?

Thanks for any help.

@OscarRae you can purchase satellite extension cables as per the link below 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=satellite+cable+extension&crid=2FT5NRENYYGSH&sprefix=satelitte%2Caps%2C...

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by OscarRae This message was authored by: OscarRae

Hi Laing1

Thank you so much.

Will order them now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion