Discussion topic: Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Re: Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

And once again my EPG hasn't updated and I'm 'waiting for tv schedule' across all tv channels for next Tuesday so therefore all my series links for next Tuesday will not pick up. Now it may update itself really late like the last time but I am sick and tired that this continues to happen and that I will probably have to reboot my Q box. If the box goes ost seven days without a need to reboot it then im doing well.😡🙄

This message was authored by IanR3 This message was authored by: IanR3

Ours (both boxes) have just started to do the same

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Hello again. 👋🏻

Only half a dozen channels have updated so may update later but I would love to go more than a week without the is issue rearing it's very ugly head. Would also love an explanation by someone in the know why this issue novices and keeps occurring without rhyme or reason. A real PITA to keep rebooting the box for it to do something it should automatically do. 🙄

Very weirdly the mini box in my room has updated for next Sunday however the main box in the living room is showing maybe a dozen or more updated channels, most of the +1 channels and all channels listed beneath those 🤨 so from past experience, the main box *should* completely update sometime this evening. I can't figure this box out sometimes 😑

This message was authored by steely This message was authored by: steely

Another Monday morning, another 'Waiting for Schedule' on all boxes.

This message was authored by Q-tips This message was authored by: Q-tips

If it's a satellite problem, why can't the programme guide be streamed in?

--------------------
32B12C 2TB UHD Q box • Mini boxes x2 (32D0B2) • 2022 LG C2 OLED TV • Software vQ230.000.14.00L • Gigaclear gigabit FTTH broadband (935Mbps up/down) • Linksys Velop tri-band router; 3 mesh nodes • All Q boxes fully Cat6 hardwired • Q wi-fi disabled • Q picture/audio processing disabled (no sound bar) • Pixellation cured by Q170 but back again with Q190 and now every few minutes with Q210 and Q220 live broadcasts and recordings on all boxes

And again 🙄

Now perhaps it'll update later on like earlier in the week seeing as the mini box updated okay that time  but so far the mini is currently showing the same 'waiting for tv schedule' across all channels (except yet again itv1 🤨) message so methinks another box reboot later this evening  We shall see but this thing is driving me up the wall 😡

This message was authored by ProximusAl This message was authored by: ProximusAl

Same.

Mine has done it tonight too, along with my Mini box locking up requiring a reboot. 

And I'm back! 

Six days yet again 'waiting for tv schedule' across every single channel on my EPG from 7pm next Tuesday which means that all of my weekly series links will not be picked up because there's obviously no information there for them to be picked up. Every single week for the past month or so I've had to reboot this damned box to get it to populate the EPG that it should be doing automatically and nobody seems interested in why this could be happening because it's not happening to everyone. The box reboot is temporary, everything suggested to resolve it seems to be temporary. It is BEYOND frustrating. 😡

I know no one cares but yep here I am again "awaiting tv schedule' across all channels from 7pm next Saturday. Box reboot in my immediate future- three days since the last one. This damned box 🤬

Two days. 48 hours and like a bad smell, this issue has risen again. 'Awaiting tv schedule' across every single channel on my Sky Q epg from 7pm next Monday evening. 

There is no rhyme or reason to when this happens. I can go a week, six days, five days, eight days, ten days even but right now I'm not getting past six days before the 'waiting for tv schedule' message shows up.

No one seems interested in WHY this is happening, or what could be the reason this happens and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. This has been going on in some way shape or form for a year now and nobody cares because it's not affecting every single customer. I mean, are customers still having issues with the blank tiles/non stacking of tiles which seemed to coincide with this? 

I have my main box and mini set to eco.

Software is Q220 

Signal strength is 80

Signal quality is 90.

My internet is perfect. No issues there; box and internet(not Sky BB) are currently getting along fine.

No issues with downloading. The box works perfectly apart from this blasted EPG issue 

Box is almost six years old. 

What is causing the EPG to not update as it should which should be constantly and continuously. Obviously the box isn't receiving the necessary information for the EPG to update which affects weekly series links because the box can't pick up what is basically not there. I'm frustrated by this and would love an explanation. Box reboots only temporarily resolve the issue. I shouldn't be rebooting the box three or four (or more) times a month!!! 

Back again. Same issue. 'Waiting For Tv Schedule' across all channels from 7pm next Thursday so none of my weekly series links for next Thursday evening will  automatically pick up, third time this week. Box reboot happening later. Again. 🙄

Any ideas why this happens? Why this keeps happening?  Anyone?  

*Heavy sigh*

24 hours later and here I am again. Awaiting tv schedule across every single channel from 7pm next Friday. Yet another box reboot happening later. 

This has been a constant pain in the backside for the last 12 months. I've yet to go past a month without this happening. Why is this happening? It is beyond annoying. Does anyone have a single idea as to what causes this to happen? Anyone??  

And we're back to daily 'waiting for tv schedule' messages 🙄🙄🙄🙄

It might update later tonight, it very well might not. Who knows. This issue is beyond frustrating . Another box reboot? Watch this space. Back again tomorrow? Watch this space. 🙄

Greytide17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Greytide17 This message was authored by: Greytide17

It is so frustrating that no one will put any effort into sorting this out.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion