Discussion topic: Is it possible to disable the TV Guide when switching on my Sky box?

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Is it possible to disable the TV Guide when switching on my Sky box?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Walt+Jabsco wrote:

I asked the question - on a forum to help Sky users - as I don't want to have to press another button every time I turn on my Sky box

(removed)

Moderator note: Can we please be nice to each other.

Doesn't matter how many times you ask the question, the answer will be the same! One press of the back button on switching out of standby is what you have to do.... whether you like it or not. 

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Walt+Jabsco wrote:

I asked the question - on a forum to help Sky users - as I don't want to have to press another button every time I turn on my Sky box

(removed)

Well if the only replies to this thread were ways that you could do what you want, you would have been completely ignored and that just seems more rude.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Walt+Jabsco wrote:

(removed)

@Walt+Jabsco you could press the Sky button at the top of the Sky Q remote to turn on your tv and Sky Q box this is a shortcut button to your recordings you bypass the Home screen but you still need to press another button 

Walt+Jabsco
Topic Author
This message was authored by Walt+Jabsco This message was authored by: Walt+Jabsco

Responses like "It's one press of the dismiss button" to a simple and concise question is more rude than ignoring it. If nobody responded, I would presume it can't be done - fine. 

Instead, some of the responses are unhelpful and unnecessary. Why bother responding with "it's one press of the dismiss button", when my question is explicitly asks how to avoid that?

(and thanks to those who provided more constructive answers)

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Walt+Jabsco wrote:

Responses like "It's one press of the dismiss button" to a simple and concise question is more rude than ignoring it. If nobody responded, I would presume it can't be done - fine. 

Instead, some of the responses are unhelpful and unnecessary. Why bother responding with "it's one press of the dismiss button", when my question is explicitly asks how to avoid that?

(and thanks to those who provided more constructive answers)

@Walt+Jabsco the answer is you cannot disable the home screen that comes on when you start Sky Q

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion