Discussion topic: ITV HD not available on Mini Box

This message was authored by Beth.MacL This message was authored by: Beth.MacL

ITV HD not available on Mini Box

I noticed this morning that ITV HD was not working on the mini box - the message stating there is a technical fault with the channel. All other channels working. I spent an hour on the phone to a very helpful Sky technician who tried everything but could not fix the issue. She then received a reply to her message to colleagues stating that ITV have just changed things and it is a known fault that ITV HD is no longer available. I hope Sky deal with this soon and make it available.

Best Answers
Beth.MacL
Topic Author
This message was authored by Beth.MacL This message was authored by: Beth.MacL Answer

Re: ITV HD not available on Mini Box

I have just checked the mini box and ITV HD is back working. No idea what that was all about, but thanks to everyone for their comments.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Beth.MacL wrote:

I noticed this morning that ITV HD was not working on the mini box - the message stating there is a technical fault with the channel. All other channels working. I spent an hour on the phone to a very helpful Sky technician who tried everything but could not fix the issue. She then received a reply to her message to colleagues stating that ITV have just changed things and it is a known fault that ITV HD is no longer available. I hope Sky deal with this soon and make it available.

Hi @Beth.MacL 

First try rebooting the main Q box and then when this is completely back up and running reboot the mini.
To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Reboot the mini as above.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Which region are you in? Have you rebooted the mini box? ITV are making some changes at the moment but it shouldn't result in any HD channels being unavailable.

Beth.MacL
Topic Author

I am in the West. The agent told me to check over the next few days just in case it springs back in to action! I was on for an hour and we did everything possible - resetting boxes, updating software etc.

Beth.MacL
Topic Author

The Sky agent I spoke to for an hour tried all this. We rebooted both boxes several times, updated software on both boxes, reset the Sky wifi booster and nothing resolved it. As stated in my original post, a colleague messaged her to say it is a known fault and presumably it will need an upgrade to the mini box hardware.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Beth.MacL wrote:

The Sky agent I spoke to for an hour tried all this. We rebooted both boxes several times, updated software on both boxes, reset the Sky wifi booster and nothing resolved it. As stated in my original post, a colleague messaged her to say it is a known fault and presumably it will need an upgrade to the mini box hardware.

Doubt it, certainly not to the hardware and problably not to the firmware. Probably just a frequency change or something so a change to the tv guide data.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

There's a very small chance that the problem is at Sky's end and they haven't updated the EPG to link to the new frequency. Problems like that are usually fixed extremely quickly and there's no reason this would only affect a mini box, so it seems very unlikely. We'd need someone else in the ITV West regon to confirm whether or not ITV HD is working for them.

This message was authored by Ninya This message was authored by: Ninya

Hi. Our Sky q Mini is also not able to display ITV 1 HD at the moment. 

Tried resetting everything. All other channels are fine.

Location NorthWest

Beth.MacL
Topic Author
This message was authored by Beth.MacL This message was authored by: Beth.MacL Answer

I have just checked the mini box and ITV HD is back working. No idea what that was all about, but thanks to everyone for their comments.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion