Discussion topic: I’m ready to cancel Sky.

This message was authored by liz11112 This message was authored by: liz11112

I’m ready to cancel Sky.

I'm fed up with Sky now. They're quick to take your money but the support is awful. I've updated to a uhd box and it just freezes and overheats.

I've had Samsung remote into my TV and assure there is nothing wrong with it. All the apps on the tv work in UHD HDR.    

Sky told me to update the software on the box to Q220, but it will not take it and stays at Q210. I think it's unacceptable there isn't an easy solution to this. My Tv model is QE50Q80B. I'd love to hear if anyone has this TV with Sky Q 1TB UHD box. 

All Replies

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Re: I’m ready to cancel Sky.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@liz11112Unfortunately you can't update the software version until it has been sent to everyone as it is sent out in batches.

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

@liz11112 wrote:

Sky told me to update the software on the box to Q220 

Hi @liz11112   You are being fobbed off, I very much doubt that updating the software to Q220 will make any difference at all. If there was a problem with Q210, this community would have had a meltdown with viewers complaining.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @liz11112 

As the others have indicated we are not too sure why you would have been advised to update to Q220, which. although it may have started being rolled out,  we don't think is available for manual install & suspect it would not make a difference.

To assist you  I have escalated your post to the SKY  support team that assist  customers from these groups  & who, hopefully, will be in touch.

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP adress' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to liz11112.

liz11112
Topic Author
This message was authored by liz11112 This message was authored by: liz11112

So another update. I took a 4K monitor and new 4K hdmi cable home from work to test the Sky Q box and guess what? Exactly the same issue on the screen. Glitching locking up the menu. 

This is after Sky told me there is no way that can happen it's the TV. It's the SkyQ box. It's the only thing left in line and the same problem. 

it's frustrating  I've had to spend so long on the phone to Sky and then Samsung and then had to prove the point to sky. Now they're just going to send and engineer out. 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us liz11112. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion