Discussion topic: I have been unable to access Paramount plus despite calling the help centre several times

This message was authored by LOUBYLOU57 This message was authored by: LOUBYLOU57

I have been unable to access Paramount plus despite calling the help centre several times

The message that i get is that my email address and password is incorrect this is despite the fact I can log onto my account with those details, has anyone else had this problem please ? 

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: I have been unable to access Paramount plus despite calling the help centre several times

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LOUBYLOU57 wrote:

The message that i get is that my email address and password is incorrect this is despite the fact I can log onto my account with those details, has anyone else had this problem please ? 

hi @LOUBYLOU57 

When you say you can log into your account - where is this ? Is it SKY  as there isn't (too my knowledge) a separate account only login to Paramount + 

Paramount Plus uses a separate set of credentials to SKY  that you will have used when fisrt setting up

LOUBYLOU57
Topic Author
This message was authored by LOUBYLOU57 This message was authored by: LOUBYLOU57

Re: I have been unable to access Paramount plus despite calling the help centre several times

So when I first linked my sky to paramount plus which I did successfully, (I received a message to say they were linked ) then I had to sign into paramount plus I thought I used the same email and password is that not correct ? 

LOUBYLOU57
Topic Author

Thank you @nigea99 so are you saying that when registering for paramount plus I need a new user name and password? I'm sorry to be stupid but I assumed I would register with the same details and it would just open the app on my TV and be free ? 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Hi @LOUBYLOU57 

You need to follow the Paramount Activation procedure in the following link.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-paramount-plus#:~:text=Sky%20Glass%20and%20Sky%20Stream,Clic... 

LOUBYLOU57
Topic Author

thank you however i have done this many times, it then tells me the email address and password are incorrect !! which i know they are not. 

Ive tried a link thhat the help line have sent but when i use that it tells me the paramount is linked to my account but clearly is not. 

I'm actually going around in circles ! @oldfella 

LOUBYLOU57
Topic Author

@nigea99  so are you saying that to sign into Paramount plus it should be a totally different log in than my sky account ?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@LOUBYLOU57 wrote:

@nigea99  so are you saying that to sign into Paramount plus it should be a totally different log in than my sky account ?

hi @LOUBYLOU57 

During the activation process you say you went through (as per the link @oldfella gave) then you do set up a completely separate Login id   on the Paramount system .

This can use the same email address or a different  to the one  you use for SKY  but it is always recommended that you use  a different password to that you would have used for SKy but you might have used the same (against recommended practice)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion