Discussion topic: I have a sky q box and when i change hdmi input on tv to either 2 or 3 when i return to use the hdmi

This message was authored by Loopilouone This message was authored by: Loopilouone

I have a sky q box and when i change hdmi input on tv to either 2 or 3 when i return to use the hdmi

• have a sky q box and when i change hdmi input on tv to either 2 or 3 when i return to use the hdmi with sky on the blue home screen is visible and I can hear the talking but the little square is black and I cannot change channel I have to power off before it returns to normal...help
  •  

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: I have a sky q box and when i change hdmi input on tv to either 2 or 3 when i return to use the

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Loopilouone wrote:

have a sky q box and when i change hdmi input on tv to either 2 or 3 when i return to use the hdmi with sky on the blue home screen is visible and I can hear the talking but the little square is black and I cannot change channel I have to power off before it returns to normal...help

Hi @Loopilouone 

Whenever you stop using Q to watch different TV inputs or  TV inbuilt Apps it's always best to put the Q box into standby before you switch away from the Q box input

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: I have a sky q box and when i change hdmi input on tv to either 2 or 3 when i return to use the

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

By little square do you mean the small preview rectangle in the top left? Sounds like maybe the TV and sky box are losing sync on what resolutions the display can handle.

What TV is it and what output res are you using?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion