Discussion topic: I have Sky Q and am told that Discovery+ is available but when I activated the app it won’t let me

This message was authored by Uboatman This message was authored by: Uboatman

I have Sky Q and am told that Discovery+ is available but when I activated the app it won’t let me

I have activated the Discovery+ app on my Sky Q to and it tells me on screen it's available to me but when I try to watch a programme it says I have to have a subscription and upgrade. How do I sort this please - it tells me because I have TNT sports the premium is available to me free of charge - confused ! Any help please

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: I have Sky Q and am told that Discovery+ is available but when I activated the app it won’t let

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Uboatman wrote:

I have activated the Discovery+ app on my Sky Q to and it tells me on screen it's available to me but when I try to watch a programme it says I have to have a subscription and upgrade. How do I sort this please - it tells me because I have TNT sports the premium is available to me free of charge - confused ! Any help please

Hi @Uboatman 

@PeterLewis 

Before Activating Discovery plus you must first subscribe through Sky Marketplace.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

Getting asked to upgrade your pass?

Don't forget to activate your discovery+ account once you've signed up. You won't be able to log in to the app until you've done this, and might see a message asking you to upgrade your pass. Make sure you've followed all the instruction steps on our Subscribe to discovery+ article.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PeterLewis This message was authored by: PeterLewis

Re: I have Sky Q and am told that Discovery+ is available but when I activated the app it won’t let

I have exactly the same problem.  Have activated Discovery + because I wanted to watch Jason Mamoa and when I click into it I am being asked to upgrade my subscription - Sky tells me it is free!!!  Whats going on?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Uboatman wrote:

Hi @Uboatman 

@PeterLewis 

Before Activating Discovery plus you must first subscribe through Sky Marketplace.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

Don't forget to activate your discovery+ account once you've signed up. You won't be able to log in to the app until you've done this, and might see a message asking you to upgrade your pass. Make sure you've followed all the instruction steps on our Subscribe to discovery+ article.

Uboatman
Topic Author
This message was authored by Uboatman This message was authored by: Uboatman

Many thanks for your response. I can see that my Sky Q account is showing I have Discovery+ but when I open the app and chose a programme to watch it shows on screen "upgrade to watch" and retry - still confused to why it won't work - help please!

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Uboatman wrote:

Many thanks for your response. I can see that my Sky Q account is showing I have Discovery+ but when I open the app and chose a programme to watch it shows on screen "upgrade to watch" and retry - still confused to why it won't work - help please!

Hi @Uboatman 

You need to carefully follow all the instruction steps in the following link

This message was authored by A.Hodgetts8 This message was authored by: A.Hodgetts8

I have tried several times to view Discovery+  I have refreshed my apps and its there but Im still being asked to activate?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@A.Hodgetts8 wrote:

I have tried several times to view Discovery+  I have refreshed my apps and its there but Im still being asked to activate?

Have you read and followed the steps above?

This message was authored by cscott2912 This message was authored by: cscott2912

I'm also having this issue. I have followed the steps multiple times and have had an hour long call with Sky, but they wasn't able to fix the issue and in the end hung up the phone! 

Here's the steps I have completed:

1) Activated my Discovery+ subscription via Sky Marketplace

2) Linked my Discovery+ account to my Sky account here sky.com/discoveryplus-activate.

3) Sky says my accounts are now linked

4) Go to the Discovery+ account on my SkyQ box

5) Scan the QR code to sign in

6) put in the 6 digit code and return to the SkyQ box

7) I'm now signed in to Discovery+

After these steps i am signed in to Discovery +, however when i try to watch anything I am taken to a screen that says i have to upgrade my subscription. 

I can't upgrade it because it is already linked to my sky account. 

I have tried multiple times logging out and back in, and re-activating the Discovery+ app etc. 

Sky technical support tried for an hour to get it to work but ultimately they gave up and hung up the phone. Any help would be much appreciated,

thanks

This message was authored by A.Hodgetts8 This message was authored by: A.Hodgetts8

Ours worked when we started all over again using a different email address.

If you have more than one email address this might be something to try. Hope this helps 

This message was authored by JLH1275 This message was authored by: JLH1275

Had the same problem for 5 months. Contacted Sky numerous times, numerous times they've attempted to help me but failed. I've had enough. As soon this season finishes I'm cancelling TNT Sports.

I refuse to continue to give money every month for an app I can't use and even worse, if football isn't on TNT Ultimate, like tonights Champions League, the picture quality is awful.

I own a really expensive LG Oled and its like I've gone back in time. Its SD quality. SO BAD

Its disgusting considering its costs over £300 a year for such a sub par service from BT 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion