Discussion topic: Error message.

This message was authored by Martikr123 This message was authored by: Martikr123

Error message.

I have been away for a couple of months and on my return today my tv shows the following error message; Viewing card not paired. Having looked at previous responses I have updated the software and also rebooted the sky box and the router but all to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: unable to complete pairing with router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Martikr123 wrote:

I have tried to connect my tv with my router but am being asked to press the wps button. My router does not have a wps button. Any suggestions?

Hi @Martikr123 

All routers have a WPS button.

For Sky router see below

oldfella_0-1691402294249.png

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Error message.

@Martikr123 wrote:

I have been away for a couple of months and on my return today my tv shows the following error message; Viewing card not paired. Having looked at previous responses I have updated the software and also rebooted the sky box and the router but all to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

@Martikr123 You could try refreshing your viewing card by pressing home > settings > system info > viewing card number > setup > viewing card setup press select to trigger a callback don't worry nothing to do with your phone its only Sky's terminology this will be done over the internet 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Martikr123
Topic Author
This message was authored by Martikr123 This message was authored by: Martikr123

I have tried to connect my tv with my router but am being asked to press the wps button. My router does not have a wps button. Any suggestions?

Martikr123
Topic Author

Re: Error message.

Thanks for the response. Have tried the Viewing card proposal but am now being told I need a broadband connection. Have tried to connect the router but it does not ha a wps button. Have also tried to connect the router as a non sky router using the password but the tv states it is the incorrect password. The password does however work on all the other devices in the house.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Martikr123 wrote:

Hi @Martikr123 

All routers have a WPS button.

For Sky router see below

oldfella_0-1691402294249.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion