Discussion topic: Error MR102

This message was authored by Wayne53 This message was authored by: Wayne53

Error MR102

Hi all, we recently had a power cut. Now our additional 2 tv's on sky q have an error MR102. This happened on a recent power cut, I was told to reset the whole system but the engineer came out and said next time it would be better if I didn't do that as it took him ages to set up the whole system again. It is about to be half term from school so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Error MR102

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wayne53 wrote:

Hi all, we recently had a power cut. Now our additional 2 tv's on sky q have an error MR102. This happened on a recent power cut, I was told to reset the whole system but the engineer came out and said next time it would be better if I didn't do that as it took him ages to set up the whole system again. It is about to be half term from school so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi @Wayne53 

First try rebooting the main Q box and then when this is completely back up and running reboot the minis.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Reboot the minis as above.
If the mini still does not connect try a Network Reset on the minis. Start with the one nearest to the main Q box
Network Reset found in mini Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to WPS with main Q box.
You will be asked to press the WPS button on the main Q box (not the mini as the Network reset will start the mini WPS automatically).

If you are on Sky Broadband and the Router is nearer to the mini than the main box then you can try pressing WPS on the router instead of the main Q box. If you do this make sure you press the Sky router WPS button and not the router reset button. If you get the first mini connected then for other minis use WPS on the nearest Q device (main Q box or Sky Router if on Sky Broadband or previously connected mini).

Failing all of the above you may need a Sky Q WiFi Booster to position midway between your main Q box and the mini and you will need to contact Sky directly.

Wayne53
Topic Author

Thanks for the quick response, last time this happened I tried to reset the sky mini boxes but that didn't work.

I have reset the main router (no extender in the house) and using the WPS I have the main tv working and connected. 

I then turned off the mini's but I get the MR102 error.

Last time I reset all the mini's we had nothing for weeks.

Amy other suggestions 

Many thanks 

@Wayne53 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, last time this happened I tried to reset the sky mini boxes but that didn't work.

I have reset the main router (no extender in the house) and using the WPS I have the main tv working and connected. 

I then turned off the mini's but I get the MR102 error.

Last time I reset all the mini's we had nothing for weeks.

Amy other suggestions 

Many thanks 

Hi @Wayne53 

You haven't mentioned rebooting the main Q box.

Wayne53
Topic Author

Sorry yes I rebooted the main sky q box also.

This now works fine 

@Wayne53 wrote:

Sorry yes I rebooted the main sky q box also.

This now works fine 

When you say last time reset the minis what exactly do you mean @Wayne53 

Wayne53
Topic Author

We had a power cut 5-6 months ago. At this time the sky customer service person said 'reset your minis on you menu on the main tv'. I did this for both minis.

This made no difference and did not solve my issue.

An engineer came out a few weeks later and he said if someone says that again do not do it.

After his visit he got one mini working, the other took a further 2-3 days until it finally worked 

@Wayne53 wrote:

We had a power cut 5-6 months ago. At this time the sky customer service person said 'reset your minis on you menu on the main tv'. I did this for both minis.

This made no difference and did not solve my issue.

An engineer came out a few weeks later and he said if someone says that again do not do it.

After his visit he got one mini working, the other took a further 2-3 days until it finally worked 

Yes @Wayne53 

I get all that, but you keep saying Reset the minis

Was this Reset Settings Factory Reset Network Reset. ???

Wayne53
Topic Author

Yes that's what they said to do

@Wayne53 wrote:

Yes that's what they said to do

You still do not specify which reset you did @Wayne53 

Wayne53
Topic Author

So on the main box, I was told to reset the minis. This I believe was a factory reset 

Sorry I do not remember which menu I used.

@Wayne53 wrote:

So on the main box, I was told to reset the minis. This I believe was a factory reset 

Sorry I do not remember which menu I used.

Hi @Wayne53 

I suspect you wer told to Reactivate the minis in the main Q box menu.

Suggest you try everything in my first post.

Either you want to get it working or Contact Sky for another ENGINEER VISIT

Wayne53
Topic Author

Ah ok, thanks for your help. I will go through you post

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion