Discussion topic: Engineer sent me a text *eye roll*

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Georgiechelsea
Topic Author
This message was authored by Georgiechelsea This message was authored by: Georgiechelsea

Re: Engineer sent me a text *eye roll*

@best+of+the+best @Honestly I'm astonished that it has to be explained to you why I would mention that I'm at home alone. The relevance is astonishingly obvious. 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Georgiechelsea wrote:

@best+of+the+best @I've mentioned I was home alone for context. Do you think I would feel as uncomfortable if I wasn't home alone? Do you think the engineer would have taken any liberties if I wasn't home alone? 
If I had a burly husband present would the engineer have asked to use my private space (the loo) and later send me a text?! 

I have also stated that I am aware that I am not unattractive for context too. Keeping in great shape and making an effort for MYSELF is all too often considered an invitation. 

Why can't women question or call out anything without it being turned on them 😞 

Indeed I was looking for customer to customer support - as the aforementioned victim blaming and shaming happens so often  it's normalised for women to blame themselves or second guess themselves when they feel uncomfortable. 

Im glad most agree this behaviour is unacceptable. 

Fair comment @Georgiechelsea I agree his behaviour is unacceptable and you shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable in your own flat but you could have said no to him using the toilet 

Apologies using NB drew my attention away about how the receiving the text made you feel uncomfortable in your flat.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Georgiechelsea wrote:

@best+of+the+best @Honestly I'm astonished that it has to be explained to you why I would mention that I'm at home alone. The relevance is astonishingly obvious. 

Again fair comment @Georgiechelsea but I'll leave it at that 

And you have issued a formal complaint as mentioned?

Georgiechelsea
Topic Author
This message was authored by Georgiechelsea This message was authored by: Georgiechelsea

Well next time have a think being you start interrogating the victim. 

Georgiechelsea
Topic Author

@best+of+the+best @What do you mean I "could have said no"? 
First you start interrogating me, the victim, who has been made to feel uncomfortable in my own home and left unsettled thereafter by the engineer appropriating my personal data for his personal use... and it's also my fault?! 

Good grief. 

No wonder no woman ever feels safe and is never likely to call out bad behaviour let alone report it. 

*double posted due to a typo*

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I am locking this thread down as it is not something that the Community users can help with. 
@Georgiechelsea please make sure to submit a formal complaint about the case following any of the options here.

Thank you for your understanding and for getting involved in our Sky Community. 🙂

Fanni
Community Moderator

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion