Discussion topic: Download failed

This message was authored by DocMisra This message was authored by: DocMisra

Download failed

I am getting ' downlod failed message as I try to view any Sky programme other than Live TV, all other apps are streamimg fine.

I have updated the software twice, on the day I am able to watch but next day I again get' download failed' message. Subscription is up to date. I ma usung 550 mbs Virgin Broadband which is working fine.

Thanks for any advuce before I cam call Sky.

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Download failed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DocMisra wrote:

I am getting ' downlod failed message as I try to view any Sky programme other than Live TV, all other apps are streamimg fine.

I have updated the software twice, on the day I am able to watch but next day I again get' download failed' message. Subscription is up to date. I ma usung 550 mbs Virgin Broadband which is working fine.

Thanks for any advuce before I cam call Sky.

Hi @DocMisra Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Try changing your DNS server setting on the sky box to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

the downloads insert ads dynamically and the service which does that seems to spin up new servers too quickly for some dns servers to propogate/update quickly enough.

if you've got uhd and that works, they don't had ads so don't suffer from this and is a good indicator of this issue

it's all a big weird because these things should be behind load balancers which don't change so it doesn't technically make complete sense but seems to have helped some people in the past.

DocMisra
Topic Author

Thanks.

I rebooted the Sky Q box and upgraded the software- it worked at the time- I could download and watch. But when I switched off the Sky box and then started again - the problem recurred. I upgraded the software again ,rebooted SkyQ -  now it asks for  sky PIN- then  I am getting just  a blue screen and nothing happens after that. All other non SKY channels plus streaming apps are all fine.

Issue seems to be in the Sky Q box, as Sky Go works fine on my iphone.

What to do? 🤔

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Chodley wrote:

Try changing your DNS server setting on the sky box to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

DocMisra
Topic Author

Both DNS settings tried , sky q rebooted - no change - download fails on all Sky channels 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion