Discussion topic: Discovery plus buffering, rewinding adverts run then the program starts from the beginning

This message was authored by clough This message was authored by: clough

Discovery plus buffering, rewinding adverts run then the program starts from the beginning

Trying to watch anything on discovery plus is a nightmare and impossible a program starts ok but when you get to the adverts it rewinds to the beginning of the program I try to fast forward but all I get is hours of adverts and the program plays from the beginning again. It works OK on my main q box and my laptop but my mini box is a nightmare. My Internet is excellent and not a problem  netflix and amazon and all other apps work fine it's just discovery plus 

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Discovery plus buffering, rewinding adverts run then the program starts from the beginning

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@clough wrote:

Trying to watch anything on discovery plus is a nightmare and impossible a program starts ok but when you get to the adverts it rewinds to the beginning of the program I try to fast forward but all I get is hours of adverts and the program plays from the beginning again. It works OK on my main q box and my laptop but my mini box is a nightmare. My Internet is excellent and not a problem  netflix and amazon and all other apps work fine it's just discovery plus 

Hi @clough Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on, then do the same with your Mini box?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Kevin030609 This message was authored by: Kevin030609

Re: Discovery plus buffering, rewinding adverts run then the program starts from the beginning

Hi,

I get same problem since they updated Discovery plus a while back to a different  way of adverts playing.

Rebooted/ shutdown everything including router and switches. Everything is ethernet cabled.

Issue does not happen on any device accept Sky.

Netflix, Disney plus fine on Sky. It is only is only Discovery plus that is the issue.

Discovery plus was no help. Apart from getting main Sky box replaced and losing all recordings... I am out if ideas.

There must be more people out there with this issue.

If anyone is then please reply and perhaps we can get Sky to look into this as a bigger issue.

This message was authored by Davetasker1988 This message was authored by: Davetasker1988

I have the same issue what I've started to do is if you know where you got to before it starts to do it , fast forward just past the advert and immediately press the home button on sky remote and than go back on discovery plus again and usually it does it for that episode if it does same each advert you will have to fast forward past that episode also and start again 

This message was authored by DJGEEEE This message was authored by: DJGEEEE

I have seen the same issue. This is the only app that we have issues with. It makes it very hard to watch anything.

This message was authored by Wobblydog This message was authored by: Wobblydog

Hello,

I have the same issues. Tried rebooting sky box and router. Nothing works. 
Discovery + on my mobile app runs fine, but in the sky app, it skips back to the beginning or mid way through when the program is near the end. The ads take forever as they buffer for around a minute and then still play for the time advised. 

are we any closer to fixing this? 

TIA 🙂 

This message was authored by Carlymccrory1 This message was authored by: Carlymccrory1

Same thing is happening to me!! Been happing for months! Wish they would fix it 😔

This message was authored by Grinandbearit This message was authored by: Grinandbearit

Me too!! Does Sky not know about this? Stopped watching Discovery Plus.

This message was authored by baggyjules This message was authored by: baggyjules

I have the same problem. I've stopped watching it now spend more time looking at adverts or a frozen screen than enjoying content. I can't find how to go advert free when Discovery + is via Sky. 

This message was authored by Thisiskelly This message was authored by: Thisiskelly

Same here. We've used disney+ amazon prime and netflix with no issues. It drives me crazy

This message was authored by HM84 This message was authored by: HM84

We have the same problem, it's so annoying, we use Dicscovery plus alot, but this problem is starting to drive us crazy 🤪 

Sometimes we have to skip the whole episode because nothing works to stop it from skipping back to the start. 

Please sky get this sorted. 

This message was authored by Thisiskelly This message was authored by: Thisiskelly

The good news is, if you have a smart tv you can use the app on the tv rather than through sky. We get d+ through our sky subscription, but can access it on my telly, phone or tablet without the sky box (and it doesnt glitch at all on any of them)

This message was authored by lladnes This message was authored by: lladnes

Same problem, almost unwatchable.

clough
Topic Author
This message was authored by clough This message was authored by: clough

I have tried the full reboot still same issue 

This message was authored by baggyjules This message was authored by: baggyjules

Have the same problem. Tried rebooting everything more than once with no effect. Given up. 

Discovery is part of the reason I have sky. I don't think we should be paying for something that is unusable. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion