Discussion topic: Discovery plus buffering, rewinding adverts run then the program starts from the beginning

This message was authored by Katrina32 This message was authored by: Katrina32

Re: Discovery plus buffering, rewinding adverts run then the program starts from the beginning

Same here, it jumps about all over when the adverts have played, rewinding itself and also just getting to adverts and then jumping right back to the start of the problem. Sky please look into this and fix or as it spoils viewing pleasure and is very frustrating. Again no issues with Netflix, Disney or Amazon just discovery+

This message was authored by jan27299 This message was authored by: jan27299

Re: Discovery plus buffering, rewinding adverts run then the program starts from the beginning

I'm having the same problem too, but not with any other apps. If it's happening to so many of us on only this specific app, then it must be a problem with the app.

This message was authored by Tufty73 This message was authored by: Tufty73

We have exactly the same issue. It's infuriating and we've stopped watching Discovery + for this reason Judging by the dates of the comments this issue has been going on for months. Why hasn't this been sorted?

This message was authored by jan27299 This message was authored by: jan27299

@Thisiskelly Thank you! I've tried this and it works. Using the same log-in details as I used on Sky, and it brings up all my half-watched programmes that I had to abandon half-way through because they were unwatchable on the Sky box.

So, a solution that works just fine. But still, it's obviously an issue with the operation of the app on the SkyQ box that Sky needs to sort out.

This message was authored by mumblesj This message was authored by: mumblesj

This is total rubbish,  we should be able to watch this on TV in this day and age  without these arciac problems,  this is not the 1980s! SKY GET THIS SORTED 

This message was authored by Kevin030609 This message was authored by: Kevin030609

Hi,

Glad to see more people reporting this issue.

Just to update you on my experience. I recently had my router and booster updated by Vodafone to their newest WiFi 6 router and found that it has improved the Discovery plus experience, although it still has occasional issues.

Perhaps the App is using so much resource that my current router struggled or had some underlying issue perhaps.

It still needs fixing, but is less problematic now.

This message was authored by Bedraggled This message was authored by: Bedraggled

Was able to rewind and ff blind... Now doesn't.. Play and pause is all it does! On Sky Glass with WiFi connection as ethernet kept dropping..

Rubbish. Restarted episode instead of continue watching.. 

This message was authored by joeboe This message was authored by: joeboe

I've just started watching discovery + through sky Q. 
It's an unmitigated disaster. I've experienced all of the problems discussed and more. 
Programs freeze. Adverts are infuriating, sometimes a bank of 2 minute + adverts plays three times, I have to press play/pause 3 times at the end of every bank of adverts to resume the show and shows don't resume from where I left off!!

Please sky/Discovery get this sorted!!

This message was authored by Michann This message was authored by: Michann

The same happens with me. I can pause but fast forward option does not work. I use lots if different streaming apps with no problems but discovery+ seems to be very badly designed and ill thought out. Very poor that there are so many complaints and yet Sky and Discovery don't seem to care.

This message was authored by leenie2 This message was authored by: leenie2

Has anyone responded with how to fix this issue. Its so bad everytime I get to an advert, the programme either freezes or starts to rewind. 

This message was authored by mumblesj This message was authored by: mumblesj

No, i do not know why SKY have this community page when nothing is done about problems reported so its a pointless exercise,  does anyone from SKY actually read these? If so why the silence?

This message was authored by Kevin030609 This message was authored by: Kevin030609

Hi,

Noticed that the way the adverts play has changed... 

I did have a slight buffer returning to program but much less buffering. I also was able to forward and rewind OK.

Would be interesting to know if anyone else has seen the same.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion