Discussion topic: Discovery+ Age rating on screen wont go away

This message was authored by mc321 This message was authored by: mc321

Discovery+ Age rating on screen wont go away

Hi,strange issue that just started this past week while watching anything on discovery+

When you play something,the name of the show etc and age rating pops up at the top left of the screen as it always has done then after a few seconds it disappears and the show is full screen,however since last week, every time there is an ad (they normally last around 15-20 seconds), the age rating now pops up on screen after the ad has finished and stays there and wont go away.Pressing the back button or leaving it to do its thing and disappear doesnt work.

The only way to get rid of it is to stop the show and restart it then it goes away but then the next time and ad comes on,same thing happens again.

Does anyone else see this now? Or know how to get rid of it because it is quite annoying having to keep stopping and starting a show each time an ad has been on.

All Replies

This message was authored by Woodz999 This message was authored by: Woodz999

Re: Discovery+ Age rating on screen wont go away

Yes I'm seeing the same thing/experience 

mc321
Topic Author

Thanks for confirming,glad it is not ust me.

If you find a solution please post on here and i will do the same.

Im wondering if there was an update to the app this last week that broke it because it never did this in the past.

This message was authored by Tiggerstail This message was authored by: Tiggerstail

Having the same issue, it's really irritating having to stop and reload after the multitude of ads 

This message was authored by ForgedMarco This message was authored by: ForgedMarco

Same issue here, need a fix asap.

This message was authored by Bigalinembra This message was authored by: Bigalinembra

I've got this too. Went on a chat with discovery+ who were resolutely unhelpful. 
So seems like it's on sky to sort it. 

mc321
Topic Author

@Bigalinembra wrote:

I've got this too. Went on a chat with discovery+ who were resolutely unhelpful
So seems like it's on sky to sort it. 

Ha ha i know what you mean

I tried this last week and the advice i was given was "Have you tried disconnecting your sky box from the tv" 🙈🤣

This message was authored by Mulett57 This message was authored by: Mulett57

We have exactly the same problem. Discovery feedback wasn't useful. 

This message was authored by kittynat This message was authored by: kittynat

We had to re-log in to our discoveryplus yesterday and now have the same thing. I assume that it is from an update. I hope they fix it. 

This message was authored by Chinery This message was authored by: Chinery

Exactly the same issue here ☹️

This message was authored by JJ999 This message was authored by: JJ999

Us too. Really annoying.  Hope they fix it soon. 

This message was authored by CEdwards0301 This message was authored by: CEdwards0301

We're having the exact same issue and to say it is annoying is an understatement. I hope they fix it because it never used to be like this.

This message was authored by Stacey+Jane This message was authored by: Stacey+Jane

I am also experiencing this, it is extremely annoying and is disturbing my viewing. The rating part I might be able to deal with but the darkness above it is right across the top of whatever I am watching. 

mc321
Topic Author

Yes,i have the same black band that comes across the top of the screen,its becoming unusable having to stop and start shows all the time

Problem is i dont know how to get help because the discovery+ people seem to be unhelpful with their "advice" (i use the term loosely), but im not sure its a sky problem because if it is the app and a recent update that broke it,then it must be for discovery to fix it.

Frustrating 😡

This message was authored by baggyjules This message was authored by: baggyjules

Any fix yet? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion