Discussion topic: Discovery+ Age rating on screen wont go away

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Re: Discovery+ Age rating on screen wont go away

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I see this issue on my SkyQ main box - but not the mini.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Sign in to your Discovery+ account and go to Manage Profiles. Select + to create a new profile. Turn on the Kids Profile. Turn on the Kids Profile Toggle. Change the default content rating. Select Save.

You can only change your profile's rating setting on the Discovery= website.

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It isn't a rating problem - the issue is the rating display remains on-screen while watching the programme. You can watch the programme fine otherwise.

@Anonymous wrote:

Sign in to your Discovery+ account and go to Manage Profiles. Select + to create a new profile. Turn on the Kids Profile. Turn on the Kids Profile Toggle. Change the default content rating. Select Save.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

mc321
Topic Author
This message was authored by mc321 This message was authored by: mc321

@Anonymous wrote:

This wont solve anything regarding the issue being discussed unfortunately as its nothing to do with profiles or age restrictions

Humour me and try the suggestion. If you don't have a kid, make one up.

What I wrote was actually from the Internet about how to stop age ratings from appearing on Discovery+ when there are ads.

mc321
Topic Author

Thanks i will give it a try and see if it works

Can we delete the new profile and go back to our original one to watch shows or now have to use this new one instead?

I hopefully dont have to go through all of my shows and now add them to the new profile instead

I don't know, I think by putting in a Kids profile that allows the kid to view ads, it could remove the Age Restriction banner for your current profile as well. There is also the option of the Family Profile. I hope it works. I am no expert, I merely Googled and found the info I posted. I Googled on my Samsung phone, but for some reason, on my Samsung Laptop, I couldn't find the exact same wording as on my phone. I'll try to see if I can get it on my main p.c. 

Hope it works.. Please reply on this thread whether it does or doesn't work so not everyone else wastes their time. Hopefully it will work and then all the other peeps here will know how to fix the problem.

This message was authored by Aitchy63 This message was authored by: Aitchy63

Glad I found this discussion as I'm having the same issue does anyone have a fix yet? 

This message was authored by Sh4w5y This message was authored by: Sh4w5y

if you press the sky back up button and go back to the discovery + menu it then goes away when you come back in to watch your program. However, once there's been any kind of advert or anything like that, it's back on and you have to back up out of it again. That's the only fix I found  

This message was authored by Tim1976 This message was authored by: Tim1976

I've just tried the adding child profile as some a couple of people have suggested but it doesn't work. The age rating still stays on the screen.

The only way I've found is to literally exit the show and go back in. Annoying to say the least, but at least we can get it off the screen until Sky or Discovery plus get a fix.

This message was authored by Britstak This message was authored by: Britstak

It's happening for me too it's actually driving me insane. The app is slow in general and now to have to go out of the show and back in to remove the ratings banner make it even more painful! 

mc321
Topic Author

So i made a kids profile as described earlier and just watched a show using that profile and somehow no ads appeared at all anymore (no idea how that is happening) so no age rating popping up on screen.

I didnt try going back to my original profile yet to see if the ads come on and the age rating still pops up,but this new profile somehow has stopped ads altogether up to now.

This message was authored by baggyjules This message was authored by: baggyjules

Thank you for posting this. Just tried it and your right. No ads and on sky it loads a lot quicker and less clunky. 

This message was authored by Britstak This message was authored by: Britstak

Its worked for me too! No ads and no stuck rating. 

thank you 🙂 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion