0

Discussion topic: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Reply
This message was authored by MiaG1 This message was authored by: MiaG1

Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Has anyone had an issue with activating Discovery + on Sky TV?

 

So I follow the  instruction: 

"Go to the discovery+ app on your TV.

Select Sign In.

You’ll see an activation code on your screen. Go to discoveryplus.com/link and enter the code to activate your account."

 

I'm logged in on discoveryplus.com but not prompted to enter the 6 digit code. I can watch shows but can't watch the TNT channels (error message: contract your service provider)

 

The link tranfers me to discoveryplus.com/gb and I can log in with no problem but I'm not given a chance to put in the 6 digit code.

 

Anybody had the same issue?

 

Thanks

Mia

 

Reply

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MiaG1 wrote:

Has anyone had an issue with activating Discovery + on Sky TV?

 

So I follow the  instruction: 

"Go to the discovery+ app on your TV.

Select Sign In.

You’ll see an activation code on your screen. Go to discoveryplus.com/link and enter the code to activate your account."

 

I'm logged in on discoveryplus.com but not prompted to enter the 6 digit code. I can watch shows but can't watch the TNT channels (error message: contract your service provider)

 

The link tranfers me to discoveryplus.com/gb and I can log in with no problem but I'm not given a chance to put in the 6 digit code.

 

Anybody had the same issue?

 

Thanks

Mia

 


@MiaG1 are you following all of the steps in the link below especially the part about Sky marketplace 

 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/tv-apps-on-my-sky-q-box/articles/discovery-plus


I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
MiaG1
Topic Author
This message was authored by MiaG1 This message was authored by: MiaG1

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Yes I have - more than 10 times!!!

This message was authored by Izzie-r This message was authored by: Izzie-r

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Exact same problem. 
And yes have followed all the steps. There just isn't anywhere to enter the code. 

This message was authored by TBT1 This message was authored by: TBT1

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Did you resolve this?

This message was authored by TBT1 This message was authored by: TBT1

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Did you resolve this issue?

This message was authored by Izzie-r This message was authored by: Izzie-r

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Nope - no joy

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Just to add, having the exact same issue here. Have mentioned it in a couple of related threads and only saw this one now.

Some people can't seem to grasp the idea that the link page on discovery just isn't showing so there's no way to enter the code from the sky box, and that the sky box doesn't have the alternative sign in method that is available on other devices.

This message was authored by Shiv333 This message was authored by: Shiv333

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

I have tried for hours to activate discovery plus on sky. I follow all the steps and sky keeps telling me I don't have a discovery plus account. Have you tried the chat help? Just nonsense. I want a technician to fix the issue not make me do the same steps over and over

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shiv333 wrote:

I have tried for hours to activate discovery plus on sky. I follow all the steps and sky keeps telling me I don't have a discovery plus account. Have you tried the chat help? Just nonsense. I want a technician to fix the issue not make me do the same steps over and over


@Shiv333 have you followed the steps in the link below explicitely especially the part about Sky marketplace

 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/tv-apps-on-my-sky-q-box/articles/discovery-plus


I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Shiv333 This message was authored by: Shiv333

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Yes I have about 200 times. I asked about going back to Q or sky plus but they just threatened to turn it off right then and there! I asked about how to complain and she refused to raise a complaint or to give me an email I can write to. The thing is I used to be able to save shows I like on Q from TLC and the like but stream doesn't do that. You have to use discovery plus. I feel absolutely cheated.  

This message was authored by westwinter16 This message was authored by: westwinter16

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Hey guys, I was having the same problem so I searched on discovery plus side since sky seems to be no help 

 

Managed to activate it through this link 

https://auth.discoveryplus.com/gb/link?flow=connectDevice

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Cheers for offering something new at least but that didn't work me either.

I'm wondering if those reading here could try something for us.

It doesn't require you to logout on your sky box in case you can't reconnect. But anyone with a working discovery plus account go to the address ( I can't post links) discoveryplus /link . It may ask you to login but when logged in does it ask for the 6 digit code or send you back to the main page of discovery.

It's just there's a lot of running around in circles here and I don't know if it's the discovery page broken for everyone or just some.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ftballman wrote:

Cheers for offering something new at least but that didn't work me either.

I'm wondering if those reading here could try something for us.

It doesn't require you to logout on your sky box in case you can't reconnect. But anyone with a working discovery plus account go to the address ( I can't post links) discoveryplus /link . It may ask you to login but when logged in does it ask for the 6 digit code or send you back to the main page of discovery.

It's just there's a lot of running around in circles here and I don't know if it's the discovery page broken for everyone or just some.


@ftballman when I go to the link posted above by @westwinter16 i dont get asked to log in but i do get asked to input the 6 digit code 


I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

Thanks for that, because yes that's my issue, the box asking for the 6 digits doesn't appear. So helps narrow things some.

Reply

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion