Discussion topic: Broadband not connecting to sky Q box

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Broadband not connecting to sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dg111cdf wrote:

Hello @Lainy @Papabrad  i had exactly the same issue. What I did was connected to my 4G hotspot on my phone. I then went through to the network reset and then connected via WPS. 

Seems to have solved my issue. 

So @Ho4 - you were replying to this post, saying this is what worked? Interesting.

This message was authored by Atomicfart This message was authored by: Atomicfart

Re: Broadband not connecting to sky Q box

I have the solution! Ok so I had this exact problem and tried everything, nothing worked. This is what I did, and it worked. Turn the Sky Q box off at the mains, wait 10 seconds then turn it back on - On the home menu scroll down to settings, but do not click settings, just have it highlighted - from there type 001 and press select - this takes you into the hidden advanced settings - from here select 'network' -you then see 2.4 and 5ghz settings, turn them both on! - then at the bottom of that same screen set the 5ghz channel width to '80mhz / ch.36 - then click 'confirm' - these settings are then applied - now press home and go back to the normal setup menu - connect to sky Internet - press and hold the WPS button on your router when prompted - wait a few minutes - then it connects - hallelujah 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion