Discussion topic: Birds landing on the SKY aerial disrupting the TV signal

This message was authored by mcfarlane+road This message was authored by: mcfarlane+road

Birds landing on the SKY aerial disrupting the TV signal

Everytime a bird lands on the aerial the signal gets interupted and the Tv signal is lost

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Birds landing on the SKY aerial disrupting the TV signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mcfarlane+road 

Do you mean the satellite dish as Sky don't use your tv aerial? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

If you mean the Sky satellite dish, it sounds like it is not secured well.
May need the brackets tightning. 

I often get all kinds of birds land on my dish and have done over many years without any issue.
In fact there have been a family of baby sparrows using it from the eaves down to the ground as a quick first step in the last few weeks. Not one blip.
Have seen pigeons on my dish too, even with their size have never seen a problem. 

Might be worth asking for Sky to book an enginner to check.
Let us know more about what you have noticed dnd we will direct you online to possibly book one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@mcfarlane+road wrote:

Everytime a bird lands on the aerial the signal gets interupted and the Tv signal is lost

It's quite possible xfor birds sitting on the arm of the dish to disrupt the signal. Cable ties cut with a short free end pointing upwards are a good deterrent.

mcfarlane+road
Topic Author
This message was authored by mcfarlane+road This message was authored by: mcfarlane+road

birds keep landing on my sky dish and disrupting my picture

As soon as any birds land on the dish keeping out of the rain this disturbs my TV picture, spending  more time chasing them very disturbing

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: birds keep landing on my sky dish and disrupting my picture

@mcfarlane+road  Did you not follow the advice provided in this original thread?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

mcfarlane+road
Topic Author

Screen shows squares over parts of the screen the odd times the screen goes blank

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@mcfarlane+road 

Have you followed the advice previously provided? Has it improved the situation?

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@mcfarlane+road  You're posting the same issue over & over, have you followed any of the advice posted since your original thread in April?  If not the issue won't disappear on it's own.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@mcfarlane+road 

Sky won't fit an anti-bird deterrent: if you want one you'll need to commission a local independent installer.  There are various commercial products and DIY solutions available.

If the dish is actually moving and losing alignment when birds alight, Sky will come out to fix that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
mcfarlane+road
Topic Author

Was my aerial problem which cannot be overcome I will stay with the system I have

i complained regarding my interrupted reception on my aerial  and birds resting on the aerial I wish to leave things as is at the moment and keep my subscription package as is.

Re: Was my aerial problem which cannot be overcome I will stay with the system I have

@mcfarlane+road 

I have moved your latest post into your previous thread to show some background to this. As has already been explained it's a satellite dish not an aerial and you are still only telling other customers here. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

And you still haven't done anything to deter the birds I assume? 😉

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Was my aerial problem which cannot be overcome I will stay with the system I have

@mcfarlane+road I take it you have not done anything that was suggested to stop the birds landing on your dish?

Sky will not do anything as its not their problem, only you can solve the problem and you won't do that by continually posting here.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion