Discussion topic: Audio drop-outs on Discovery Channel

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Re: Audio drop-outs on Discovery Channel

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with Discovery+ content. Could you please private message me:

• Your Sky Account Number (you should type it in increments of 3 to avoid forum filters XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX)
  • Your Sky Q Serial
  • The exact content you've downloaded
  • And confirm if there you are using any soundbars?

I'll take this info to our support teams to investigate.

Thank you!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by fatbaldbob This message was authored by: fatbaldbob

Hi

it's not Discovery+ it's Discovery the channel that's the issue, the live stream, whether watched live or recorded the audio constantly drops out. If you download the same programme the audio is fine.

This message was authored by Riga This message was authored by: Riga

Hi all, I have exactly the same issue.  It's only on Discovery HD on SkyQ. It's not a sound bar issue as also happens when using TV only for sound.  It seems like its flicking between sound outputs e.g. stereo and 5.1.  This is bloody annoying.

This message was authored by Dazmini1971 This message was authored by: Dazmini1971

Same for me only happens on Discovery HD makes watching programmes annoying. Am using Sky Q 1TB, LG OLED connect to Sonos Beam 2. As it's affecting different brands of TV's & Sound bars / Amps then it's a Sky or Discovery issue 

This message was authored by Arronb This message was authored by: Arronb

Same for me, only affects Discovery.

Sony TV and Sky Q 4k box.

This message was authored by Dazmini1971 This message was authored by: Dazmini1971

Same again tonight when wheeler dealers was on, watching it live kept dropping out so annoying 

This message was authored by fatbaldbob This message was authored by: fatbaldbob

Ive watched the Wheeler Dealers recording from my Sky Q box on both the TV and my ipad....sound is perfect on the ipad but drops out on the tv. So the audio has recorded perfectly, the difference is purely between the equipment. 

It on the iPad it's not DD 5.1 so Whois wouldn't notice it 

On the iPad it's not DD 5.1 so you wouldn't notice the drop outs 

This message was authored by BasherIT This message was authored by: BasherIT

I'm experiencing the same sound issues. The adverts play fine all the other channels play fine but Wheeler Dealers keeps dropping out 😞

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Just dropping into the thread to try and get a bit more information out of this issue.  If you can please retest this issue today and let me know if you replicate the issue again.

If you do replicate the issue I'd like you to give me the following information:

1. Version of Discovery+ channel you are watching (HD, SD variation OR In app broadcast)
  2. Date / Time of the audio drop out
  3. How is sound put out in your home set up? IE Sound bar, TV speakers
  4. What sound settings are you using on Sky Q? IE Dolby Digital or normal?
  5. If you are using the dolby settings and set this to normal, does the drop out stop?
  6. How frequent are the drop outs during live broadcast?
  7. Does the drop out occur just on the show or also in adverts?

Once we have a good number of examples of these to investigate I can get these over to the right team 🙂

Marking this as the best answer (for now) just so other users can see this.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Area255 This message was authored by: Area255

Hi, my setup is 

Samsung Q60C 75" 4K Ultra HD QLED Smart TV - QE75Q60C

with

Samsung HW-S60B Bluetooth 5.0 Soundbar with Q-Symphony, Dolby Atmos® and DTS, and 7 Built-In Speakers

This setup has not been altered since before this issue started. I have issues with Moonshiners, Wheeler Dealers, Deadliest Catch, Bitchin' Rides and Roadworthy Rescues. The sound dropouts happen roughly every 30 seconds, and on live or recorded content.  I have had to resort to Discovery+ which works fine, but I lose picture resolution on doing that. This is a long term issue which I was hoping Aky would address and fix by now. Was it a software update which introduced this problem? Can Sky replicate it? It's very frustrating! 

This message was authored by BasherIT This message was authored by: BasherIT

1. SkyQ HD
2. Recording
3. Sonos Soundbar
4. Dolby
5. Not tried this as all other viewing is perfect even the ad breaks don't do it
6. Every couple of minutes it drops out
7. Just on the show. Adverts are fine.

This message was authored by JKO This message was authored by: JKO

I'm getting the same issue whilst watching but only on the discovery channel. 
it's only for a fraction of a second but happening continuously every minute or so and becoming increasingly annoying 

This message was authored by Stukcpfc This message was authored by: Stukcpfc

This has been happening for years it seems to me on recorded Discovery channel content.  Wheeler Dealers and all varieties of Gold Rush and Gold Divers at least.

1. Discovery Channel HD on Sky+ HD, its not a Sky Q problem.

2. Every episode at completely random times

3. Samsung Q7 Series QLED.  Via TV output on HDMI or Optical and via Sony surround system via HDMI or Optical

4. DD

5.  It seems so, but that's not a viable solution to th

6. It varies.  Sometimes multiple times per minute, sometimes once in 10-15 minute section.

7. Both, but I had to watch the ads purposefully for once to answer this for you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion