Discussion topic: Adding stations to SKY

This message was authored by SKYHA111 This message was authored by: SKYHA111

Adding stations to SKY

I want to add additional stations to my sky q. My friend lives in the Republic of Ireland and receives rte stations. I have tried to add these, but it is stating that they are not available in my location.  Can these be added by sky?

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Adding stations to SKY

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SKYHA111 wrote:

I want to add additional stations to my sky q. My friend lives in the Republic of Ireland and receives rte stations. I have tried to add these, but it is stating that they are not available in my location.  Can these be added by sky?

hi @SKYHA111 

I am afraid that the RTE channels are encrypted channels and can only be viewed in Ireland so even if you could add manually you could not watch.  

SKYHA111
Topic Author
This message was authored by SKYHA111 This message was authored by: SKYHA111

Thanks. I thought as much....

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SKYHA111 

Sky subscribers in Northern Ireland will see some RTE service listed in their EPG as part of the longstanding reciprocal broadcast arrangement between the UK and RoI, based on the unique history of the six counties and the Republic.

This arrangement does not apply outside Northern Ireland.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion