Discussion topic: 2tb hard drive broken

This message was authored by Dave+n+lin This message was authored by: Dave+n+lin

2tb hard drive broken

Hello my sky q box hard drive has gone wrong it will not record or play back at all. I have ordered a new box online via sky help but I notice that there is a shortage of 2tb boxes which mine is. Am I likely to get a reduced hard drive size replacement or can I get my current box fixed and returned? it doesn't seem possible to be able to speak to anyone regarding this.
Thanks for any help

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: 2tb hard drive broken

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dave+n+lin 

There's almost certainly no mechanism for 'fix and return'.  I guess you'll find out if the system is smart enough to spot you have a 2TB: the default main Q box since October 2019 has been the 1TB UHD/HDR model.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Dave+n+lin
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dave+n+lin This message was authored by: Dave+n+lin

Solved my problem. I discovered after posting that because I have sky talk I can simply dial 150 and actually speak to someone. The very helpful gent confirmed that yes a replacement box was on its way but this would definitely be a 1tb box as 2tb are now very rare, but and here is the good bit for me I could refuse the 1tb box when it arrived and he has arranged for an engineer to call to my house and fix the 2tb box. I am stuck without the convenience of sky for a while but this is a far better solution for me personally as our household would be struggling with just a 1tb box. So sorted for me and maybe help someone else with the same circumstances. 

This message was authored by IlyasUddin This message was authored by: IlyasUddin

Please can you book me an engineer

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IlyasUddin wrote:

Please can you book me an engineer

@IlyasUddin No one here can book an engineer for you, the forum is manned mainly by customers so you will have to call Sky yourself to request an engineer visit.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion