Discussion topic: get sms history on replacement sim

This message was authored by Humphreydog This message was authored by: Humphreydog

get sms history on replacement sim

We lost a phone so we got a replacement sim for the new phone (so we could keep our number). When I activated the replacement sim everything worked except there is nosms history - it started with a boank 'messages'. How do I get the historic sms messages back onto my phone?

Best Answers
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS Answer

Re: get sms history on replacement sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Humphreydog If you didnt back them up then i dont believe there is anyway to get them back.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS Answer

@Humphreydog If you didnt back them up then i dont believe there is anyway to get them back.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
Humphreydog
Topic Author
This message was authored by Humphreydog This message was authored by: Humphreydog

@daveNOSdoes this mean the carrier does not store the sms history? Does it only live on the sim?

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Humphreydog wrote:

@daveNOSdoes this mean the carrier does not store the sms history? Does it only live on the sim?

They live on the device (once sent/received).  Not the SIM.

The carrier may only release them for specific purposes - e.g. a police investigation.

You may be able to access them by submitting a SAR: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/customer-information-request

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion