Discussion topic: charges for SIM after I've instructed it be stopped.

This message was authored by MrAngry1 This message was authored by: MrAngry1

charges for SIM after I've instructed it be stopped.

I had people with my mobile number and wanted to change it because they weren't wanted. I have a new contract with another provider. I got the affected number as part of a handset deal. The handset was paid off last December.

I've tried to stop the SIM but can't get anywhere.

I've renewed my Sky TV and broadband, I asked the man about my Sky Mobile but he said that was nothing to do with him.

I've gone on my Sky Mobile account to try and end the SIM. Apparently I need a pin but, when I went on the part to get it, it stayed grayed out with a no entry sign, I did this at least five times.

I tried to use the transter number option which would send a pin to my phone. That worked but no pin was received by my phone. I did this at least five times.

I put in a complaint. Two phone calls were made to my number when I wasn't available. I was then informed the complaint had been closed.

I kept getting charged when I started this in December. I'made at leadt two further payments as demanded. I wasn't going to keep paying for a sIM I didn't want or use, but the demands kept coming.

I think I'm on a pay as you go rolling contract so didn't pay in the end. I assumed this would be the only way to get it to stop but no, I'm still being charged.

I'm now being charged extra for not making payments on time. I've now received a letter from a company called past due credit solutions. These are a debt collecting agency. I'm not in good heal and all of this is dropping it which won't end well for me.

I don't know what to do?

I don't want to pay, I've been reasonable but can't get Sky to be the same. If I pay this amount, the might just do it all again? To me, getting axtra on Sky is very simple, a press of a button. Getting ride of anything is a nightmare. "No, you have to speak yo us", hours on the phone on hold.

Can anyone help me? I live on my own. I have no outside help. Nobody to ask for help.

This digusts me!

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: charges for SIM after I've instructed it be stopped.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MrAngry1  You can only cancel an active sim by calling SKy and askuing them to cancel it.  Have you done this?

A PAC is only needed if your rasferring the number to another provider.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@MrAngry1  How long have you had the affected sim if more than 12 months call sky on 150 and they should be able to cancel it 

if less than 12 months you won't be to cancel until 12 months has elapsed 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
MrAngry1
Topic Author

I had the payment plan on the phone and SIm for two years. Forgot to mention, I have phoned and kept getting cut off. So I do that again, I've been going around in circles as it is

As I've said, I don't use that sim anymore so dialing 150 wouldn't get through to Sky, would it?

I don't deserve to be threatened for money I don't owe on a sim I don't use. I don't know what I did with the sim so can'tput it back in.

MrAngry1
Topic Author

Yes, I keeped getting cut off. I emailed a complaint after this as explained. Nothing!

@MrAngry1  Not using it doesn't mean you've cancelled, you can still use that sim in your phone and call Sky on 150 to cancel it.  Until you do you will continue to be billed for it regardless of usage.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

MrAngry1
Topic Author

I've just phoned 150. "this persons phone is unavailable, please try again later or, send a text".

So, I must speak to someone but, when I try, I get cut off.  I've email, nothing. I've spoke to someone, nothing to do with him although, when I mention the handset contract was ending, he became more inquisitive on, are you interest in a new handset.

@MrAngry1  Sky don't use email that is why you dont; get an answer.  Try using a different sim and use the number provided in the link below.

(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

MrAngry1
Topic Author

I spoke to a nice Scottish bloke in the end. He was very helpful and cancelled it after I made a further payment. Hopefully, it's all sorted. Thanks for your help folks.. You prompted me to stick with it and get it solved, appreciated.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion