Discussion topic: When on a call there is a delay

This message was authored by Lynn751 This message was authored by: Lynn751

Re: When on a call there is a delay

I did this already with the other people I spoke too,  I don't want it to seem like I'm ignoring your msg . Times places 4g 5g in the house out the house. Mine is happening in Dagenham but always says there are no current issues here , so I don't understand it.  Like I said in my previous post i'm happy really that it actually happened when I was talking to the sky person. Delay then lost me for a min or so . So hopefully it will get sorted . Thank you for the response. I do appreciate it . 

This message was authored by P3npitstop This message was authored by: P3npitstop

I was using a Samsung s22 I'm now using a fold 5.

My bars are usually between 2 and 4 on 4g.

It only happens when using the sky network not when using WhatsApp.

It happens on all calls regardless of network or if it's a landline that I'm calling and also on incoming calls.

My nephew also has the same happen to him and he is on o2.

Hope this helps.

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

@P3npitstop wrote:

I was using a Samsung s22 I'm now using a fold 5.

My bars are usually between 2 and 4 on 4g.

It only happens when using the sky network not when using WhatsApp.

It happens on all calls regardless of network or if it's a landline that I'm calling and also on incoming calls.

My nephew also has the same happen to him and he is on o2.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @P3npitstop 

Can you also confirm:

What is the network provider of the person you have called who has had the issue

Date & time of call

Location at time of call

Thanks 🙂

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by P3npitstop This message was authored by: P3npitstop

It happens on every call no matter what network and even on landlines.

It is every call I make so I'm not able to list them all.

It happens no matter where I am, at home or out and about. 

This message was authored by AaronChavez This message was authored by: AaronChavez

Mine also happens every call i make or receieve. You pay so much a month and you can't even make a call, its terrible. Pretty basic fucntion for a phone nowadays. I've come to the conclusion that the only option is to leave sky as soon as possible as the network it terrible, i dont know anyone (who isnt with sky) have this problem. Have tried all fixes that have been advised and none have worked. 

This message was authored by Jach222 This message was authored by: Jach222

@AaronChavez I lost connection on two NHS calls yesterday and the second time the person was very irritated by the difficulties Sky had.

I went through Sky technical services chat and they checked my postcode and said there was no fault - I directed them here. I also asked about my contract and I was out of contract so asked where I get my PAC code and he told me I had to speak to the cancellation team but when I said no he gave me the number to text.

I have ordered a new SIM from a Vodafone network - so disappointed in Sky 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

@Daniel-F wrote:

We would like to get this investigated in more detail & in order for us to do this I need any and all users who are still having this issue to get me the following information:

• Make & Model of your device in use
  • Network connectivity whilst you complete the call, IE – 5G/4G/3G or WiFi Calling
  • Signal strength (exact number of signal bars) whilst making the call
  • What is the network provider of the person you have called who has had the issue
  • Date & time of call
  • Location at time of call
  • Is the call being made normally or are you using an App, for example Whatsapp

We need as many examples with all the detail above confirmed in order to properly get this investigated 🙂

Thanks @P3npitstop  for your example above.

For anyone else still experiencing this issue, even if you have contacted Sky separately, we would like to take your example information of the above & collate it with others so that the right people have a complete set of information to hand in order to investigate. 

Once we have multiple examples fully completed we can liaise with the right teams to have this looked into.

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Jimbo0266 This message was authored by: Jimbo0266

I have the same issue in delaed calls, these are related to local numbers as well as 0300 numbers.
Just upgraded my phone to a Google Pixel 8 Pro from which I have noticed a good 3-5 second delay before I get a response on a clal, it happened on my old Samsung S21 phone, but ignored it due to the upgrade.
only seems to be related to SKY, had family over who use EE and Vodafone, we tested calling each other, and their is a big delay form SKY compared to Vodafone calling EE (and visa versa).  

Wifi calling is off, 4G calling is off.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We have closed the chat with Lynn751 due to no further response, if you still need help, do let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

@Addie15 I was waiting for my call from sky on Wednesday. I had numerous txts saying it was being investigated on different days but nobody called me. So I still do need the help please . The problem is still not sorted. By now everyone should have the information they need about me as I've told every sky employee I've spoke too but my situation has still not been resolved . Calls are still dropping and my signal is always only on 1 bar . 
many thanks 

Lynn 

This message was authored by RedLisaK This message was authored by: RedLisaK

Answers added below

• Make & Model of your device in use - iPhone 14
  • Network connectivity whilst you complete the call, IE – 5G/4G/3G or WiFi Calling -4G
  • Signal strength (exact number of signal bars) whilst making the call - 2 bars
  • What is the network provider of the person you have called who has had the issue -O2
  • Date & time of call -26 Aug, 12.14pm
  • Location at time of call -home
  • Is the call being made normally or are you using an App, for example Whatsapp - normally
This message was authored by RedLisaK This message was authored by: RedLisaK

Just made a call to a landline.  Today at 10.48.  3-4 second delay on call and line very distorted. Currently 2 bars on signal and made as WiFi call. 

• Make & Model of your device in use - iPhone 15
  • Network connectivity whilst you complete the call, -WiFi also 4g
  • Signal strength (exact number of signal bars) whilst making the call - 1 bar
  • What is the network provider of the person you have called who has had the issue -Sky
  • Date & time of call -25th 12:04 call didn't even make it through 
  • Location at time of call -home
  • Is the call being made normally or are you using an App, for example Whatsapp - normal calls no apps used
  • I added my answers to your questions. It's still happening . I thought it would be fixed by now . Please help 
This message was authored by GeorgePan This message was authored by: GeorgePan

Not sure if this would make sense to the engineers but. 

Could a WiFi network cause it? Even with WiFi calling being switched off

I was abroad, on the hotel WiFi, and roaming. And the call had delays. 

Today, I was out and about, 4/5G only and a phone call was OK. 

This evening I walked home, 4G/5G, and the phone call was OK, until I entered my house and the phone connected to the WiFi. And the delay appeared. 

Like I said WiFi calling is off. 

Wonder if this could be an avenue for the team to sort it out. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Daniel-F wrote:
  • Make & Model of your device in use   Apple iPhone 14
  • Network connectivity whilst you complete the call, IE – 5G/4G/3G or WiFi Calling 5G (Not Wifi calling)
  • Signal strength (exact number of signal bars) whilst making the call  (2 out of 4)
  • What is the network provider of the person you have called who has had the issue  Unknown - but call to HMRC 0300 number
  • Date & time of call  5 September 2024 @ 11:11
  • Location at time of call   Colchester, Essex
  • Is the call being made normally or are you using an App, for example Whatsapp  Normal call

Just had this - HMRC almost hung up on me as said 'severe delay on the line'.   It was about 4-5 seconds which was difficult to have a conversation!

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion