Discussion topic: When on a call there is a delay

This message was authored by Jess0616 This message was authored by: Jess0616

When on a call there is a delay

Hi,

When I'm on a call there seems to a delay between me speaking and the other person hearing. 

Its been like this for a couple of weeks at least. Has anyone encountered that issue? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: When on a call there is a delay

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for continuing to discuss this issue on Community 🙂

We would like to get this investigated in more detail & in order for us to do this I need any and all users who are still having this issue to get me the following information:

• Make & Model of your device in use
  • Network connectivity whilst you complete the call, IE – 5G/4G/3G or WiFi Calling
  • Signal strength (exact number of signal bars) whilst making the call
  • What is the network provider of the person you have called who has had the issue
  • Date & time of call
  • Location at time of call
  • Is the call being made normally or are you using an App, for example Whatsapp

We need as many examples with all the detail above confirmed in order to properly get this investigated 🙂

I'm marking this as the best answer (for now) so that new users can easilly see this request for more detail.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Simon1986 This message was authored by: Simon1986

I'm having the same issue, I've just taken out a new sky mobile phone contract and sim and there is a delay on the other line hearing by a few seconds. Sounds I am abroad, never had this problem with a other provider. 

This message was authored by Deec This message was authored by: Deec

I too have this problem. Its become very noticeable over the past couple of months. I also seem to have issues with my home wifi not allowing specific apps to work when i'm at home. It seems to apply to Whatsapp, X, Instagram and somewhat strangely my Goodreads app. Multiple hub resets have not resolved either issue, and I have to

switch to data to use these apps at home. Very frustrating. 

This message was authored by RedLisaK This message was authored by: RedLisaK

I have just changed provider to Sky.  i am having the same issue and also durng a call the sound starts to break up and then drops completely.  I have reset the network settings and changed to 4G but it's still happening. Can anyone help?

This message was authored by Lisa555 This message was authored by: Lisa555

I'm having the exact issue, I've taken out a new contract in July and it's terrible delay on the line.

This message was authored by GeorgePan This message was authored by: GeorgePan

Same issues with me, guys!!!

Any news from Sky on this? Did someone call the customer service??? Seems like they're are not keeping an eye on this forum.

I got on Sky mobile Aug 1 2024 and I can notice a bit of delay when on audio regular calls. So frustrating. 

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @GeorgePan 

Thanks for using the Sky Community. 🙂

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.
You can find more information here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Fanni

Community ModeratorTeam Black

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent GeorgePan  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lynn751 This message was authored by: Lynn751

Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm encountering the same problem for weeks. I have phoned sky . Technical department has spoke to me about 3 times. They "escalate" and respond in 48hrs then I speak to more people .Then I receive a text saying the issue has been resolved but it hasn't .( I call them on my other EE sim different phone  as my sky network just doesn't work anymore) I have tried the endless technical advice but it still is not working . The signal bar is on one all the time. It doesn't happen with any other network in my house so it's not that. I'm going mad trying to sort this out. I even did a swap upgrade in the hope it would fix it but it didn't . I need help from someone somewhere as I'm paying for a phone I cannot use . As I say my signal is on 1 bar all the time. If a call does manage to get through there is a massive delay. I just want to get to the bottom of it  and be able to use my phone 😭I've been sent Microsoft links to check my connection which just says you don't have access to the sky expert thing . Please @Sky help ! 

Jess0616
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jess0616 This message was authored by: Jess0616

As the orignal poster - a chat would also be helpful over here.

thanks 

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @Jess0616 and @Lynn751 

Thanks for using the Sky Community.

I've escalated your posts to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again.

You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information, click here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Fanni

Community ModeratorTeam Black

This message was authored by RedLisaK This message was authored by: RedLisaK

Hi 

is it possible to escalate mine too? The call keeps cutting out and then drops altogether.

many thanks

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent invites to chat.

This message was authored by AaronChavez This message was authored by: AaronChavez

I have this same issue as above, sound delay when speaking to someone over the phone. It is really annoying and I have tried everything I feel I can to fix it. Please can you also escalte my problem with the tech team too.

This message was authored by KeriL This message was authored by: KeriL

Ive been having this issue for thw last 2 weeks - extremely fristrating when teyibg to deal with work mattwrs. It seems to be ok for the first 5 minites of the call, then at least a 3-5 second delay. Please look into this and twctify asap

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion