Discussion topic: Text messages

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Text messages

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RebeccaTempest wrote:

Is this being worked on urgently? i am still unable to receive text messages 

@RebeccaTempest 

Have you contacted Sky and reported it to them? They won't be working on it if they don't know there's an issue. Just dial 150 free from your Sky mobile. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by bluemonday3 This message was authored by: bluemonday3

Not receiving text from android user on 3 network

Until 2 days ago I was receiving text from an android user in 3 network to my iPhone.

now he can receive mine and make calls to me but I don't receive his texts.

it just seems to be with sky but the sky advisor has said it must be his end!

we have both reset etc but nothing has changed ! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 

This message was authored by johnnyh19 This message was authored by: johnnyh19

I've reported it and they say it's being investigated 

This message was authored by OliviaHx This message was authored by: OliviaHx

Not Receiving texts but I can send them

I've had this issues since 1PM yesterday. Had no idea my dad was texting me, I can send texts no problem and the people I'm sending them too have no issues receiving them. However, when a text is sent to my phone, I have no clue because I'm not receiving them. I can outbound call and receive inbound calls. I've gone through all the troubleshooting of phone off and on, wiping 'gold plate' on back of  SIM card, trying my SIM card in another phone, resetting Network settings, I've even changed to an eSIM in hopes that would resolve the issue. This was all suggested by calling Sky helpline and nothing has resolved it. Also to note I have tried the iMessage off setting as well as making sure no numbers in my contacts are blocked, making sure my number is correct in settings, cleared my texts, made sure I have enough storage etc etc, all the little stuff. Nothing, it's like I've tried everything and more. I'm now having to wait 5-7 working days for a solution as this has been raised with the technicians team?? I changed from EE to Sky back in October 2023, I'm starting to think I'll be heading back to EE because I never had issues with them previously. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Not Receiving texts but I can send them

@OliviaHx 

I've merged your post into a thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing today. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Not receiving text from android user on 3 network

@bluemonday3 wrote:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 

@bluemonday3 

This is an issue being investigated by Sky as there do appear to be some issues at present which is why I have moved your post to here where it is being discussed,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Fliss5 This message was authored by: Fliss5

I've been having same problem 2 days now. Today not received any texts and people not received any I sent.

This message was authored by Mrspink This message was authored by: Mrspink

Re: I'm not receiving text messages

I am able to send a text messages but I have been unable to receive any text messages from my husband & daughters, they are all on Vodafone Anyone else have difficulties?
This message was authored by RebeccaTempest This message was authored by: RebeccaTempest

Yes i have, they have said it's a network issue that's being worked on but have no idea how long it's going to take 

This message was authored by Jxcy This message was authored by: Jxcy

Same here. I just tried calling my nanna to ask her something over the phone and the call wouldn't even go through @Laura1238 

This message was authored by ryelands This message was authored by: ryelands

Re: Can’t receive calls from other networks

My texts have stopped too.  I can only receive from other Sky users since 28th June.

This message was authored by Amber00 This message was authored by: Amber00

Can’t receive any texts

Hi, 

I am unable to receive any inbound texts. I can sent texts and make and receive calls but I just can not receive texts.

I have rebooted my iPhone, taken the sim in and out, reset network settings and I still can not receive anything.

From the senders side it looks as though the text has gone through but I have not received anything.

Any help would be appreciated as Sky said their team isn't in until Monday and it could take until a Thursday for them to look into this.

Thank you!

Re: Can’t receive any texts

@Amber00 

I've also merged your post into a thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing today. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Woodstaworld This message was authored by: Woodstaworld

Also unable to receive text messages, only imessages.  

This message was authored by Mads3 This message was authored by: Mads3

Same here, unable to receive texts from 3 , getting fed up with it now. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion