Discussion topic: Sky mobile doesn't work in Jersey

This message was authored by Runaway1 This message was authored by: Runaway1

Re: Sky mobile doesn't work in Jersey

4 days for me with no phone/text/data. Data seemed to kick back in today but only in fits and starts. Not working again now. Called helpdesk originally thinking it was just my sim and they've sent me a new one ('6 working days'). Spoke to them again today and issue was escalated to network technicians. Referenced this being a wider problem given the forum chat, and was told I should have a call within 3 working days with an update... before they hung up I queried how they would contact me, and it would have been via the number on my account - the one which isn't receiving any calls!! Crikey. Absolutely no information or acknowledgement they were aware of an issue in Jersey. Pretty shoddy all round. 

This message was authored by JHW2 This message was authored by: JHW2

@ElsworthC0105 how did you find a number to call them? I've not managed to speak to a person 3 weeks down the line

This message was authored by Happyfeetguy This message was authored by: Happyfeetguy

I picked up a aietel  PAYG sim for free, topped up and at least I've got a number to contact people on. 

(removed)

just have to make sure they escalate it as a wider network issue not just a faulty sim problem 

Moderator note: Removed personal/identifiable details

This message was authored by TomJoml This message was authored by: TomJoml

I arrived in Jersey yesterday, 23rd. Perfect signal all day. Overnight it stopped working. Today, I have to go onto airplane mode, then off again. This gives me approx 30 seconds of 4G. Then it drops again. It's definitely, as usual, a sky issue. Apalling carrier - we have same issue in Surrey. I'll be sat next to someone on O2 (which uses same masts) and they will have perfect signal and I'll have none. Don't waste your time waiting for a fix, sky are utterly hopeless.

This message was authored by Jersey This message was authored by: Jersey

We are having same issues in Jersey did this get sorted for you and can you make suggestions for us too please

ElsworthC0105
Topic Author
This message was authored by ElsworthC0105 This message was authored by: ElsworthC0105

The issue is still persisting for me, no clear fix identified also recommended to swap sims which did nothing... 

for sky support - have not been able to speak to someone from the network team due to no signal for them to call, they tried to call me and then closed my case because they couldn't get through (unsurprisingly). 

I have found using the messenger service on Facebook most consistent for a reply, however this has unfortunately not led to a meaningful solution 

This message was authored by Billy This message was authored by: Billy

Hi since the 15th I've  had an online chat most  days been fobbed off  ,spoke with 3 call handlers asked to be patient and now e mailed as a complaint !! Still waiting with no update !! Oh but I did receive the email telling me my next bill !!! Shocking service 

This message was authored by DianeP1 This message was authored by: DianeP1

Ongoing poor response again from Sky tech dept this evening. No time scale on resolving issues in Jersey. In meantime I can't even gain a PAC code to change provider (I'm done with Sky) as Sky unable to send to a trusted family member's mobile phone, so currently I'm stuck.  

This message was authored by aldo813 This message was authored by: aldo813

Had the same issue last week in Jersey and can also confirm its not working in Guernsey either (just arrived this morning)!!

I picked up an eSim from the local jersey airline website which at least means i have access to my data on the go (albeit annoying when I have a few hundred GB in the piggy bank!!).

Anybody had a resolution / meaningful update from Sky? I've had nothing, absolutely nothing. 

This message was authored by JHW2 This message was authored by: JHW2

No resolution and no reply. I have returned tojersey yesterday and my new SIM that was working in England is now no longer working. Time to change provider I think

This message was authored by KB1402 This message was authored by: KB1402

I'm having this issue currently. I am on holiday here. 

This message was authored by Jerseyhell This message was authored by: Jerseyhell

Re: Jersey Channel Islands unable to connect to networks

Whats going on?

no signal in jersey - same as all the other users..

This message was authored by Billy This message was authored by: Billy

After no luck with all communication have opened a complaint which is probably best way to keep track , however , no resolution ! part of reply below :
""We are still awaiting an update as this is an ongoing issue which is still with our mobile team who are monitoring and as soon as we have an update we will be able to provide this to""

Rubbish !!! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion