Discussion topic: Sky mobile doesn't work in Jersey

This message was authored by DianeP1 This message was authored by: DianeP1

Re: Sky mobile doesn't work in Jersey

Yes hopeless. Appears to be no resolving the issue from Sky.

I am looking at getting a SIM via O2 when back in UK soon for a week (I need to be in the UK at my home address to gain a PAC code, as can't receive text messages from Sky, or anybody! in Jersey. At home UK they will use my landline to verify my identity).

Is anyone aware of coverage in Jersey using O2 ? Obviously I don't want to run into the same problems currently having with Sky...

This message was authored by Runaway1 This message was authored by: Runaway1

Fairly sure Sky uses O2 but think it's just a Sky issue 

Thank you. Yes, just looked into it, Sky does use O2 so I'm going with iD mobile sim.
A couple of friends have no trouble with iD mobile in Jersey.

This message was authored by TomJoml This message was authored by: TomJoml

They use O2 masts but I would put money on this being a carrier issue, nothing to do with the masts. BTW as a hack, try turning airplane mode + wifi on and off, I found this gave me about 1 minute of working signal, which should be enough to receive your PAC code.

This message was authored by Reasonable+Phil This message was authored by: Reasonable+Phil

I've just arrived and having exactly the same issues. Luckily have hotel WiFi (unsecured obviously) so not totally lost but parking a nightmare as car parks all require either internet and/or signal. Not impressed.

This message was authored by GuyHarding This message was authored by: GuyHarding

FYI

"Looking at the notes on the account, the latest update from today is that the case is still being investigated between Sky and Jersey Telecom.
It's not anything that you're doing wrong. There is a known issue on our network with roaming in Jersey, the network team are aware and investigating.
The next update is expected on 7th April, your case/complaint will remain open until the issue is resolved"

This message was authored by GuyHarding This message was authored by: GuyHarding

Out of interest, when people landed in Jersey were there phones 1) off 2) on airplane mode 3) on (not on airplane mode)

This message was authored by Nelsoneye This message was authored by: Nelsoneye

Hello,

Ive been having the same issue. I've managed to fix my phone, go onto settings,  mobile services, network selection and I turned on automatic, now my phone is working. 

Hopefully this has helped you

@GuyHarding 

When I fly into Jersey I turn airplane mode off (after turning it on flying from Manchester). In the past, I would normally get a text to say you have arrived in the Channel Islands. When I returned last week I didn't get anything.

@Nelsoneye 

I've tried that in the past after going online Sky troubleshooting, and tried again just now. Still nothing unfortunately.

This message was authored by Bouboou This message was authored by: Bouboou

No network in Channel Islands

I've just arrived in the Chun Islands from the UK and unable to get any service to call. No network have reset the network, etc. and nothing at all. Is Sky having problems in the channel Islands.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No network in Channel Islands

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bouboou 

I've moved your post into a thread discussing recent problems in the Channel Islands specifically Jersey. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Bouboou This message was authored by: Bouboou

Sky help desk on April 5  told me they have issues. What a shambles!!!

This message was authored by Billy This message was authored by: Billy

The problem for us has been since 15th March . Tried all options to contact sky re what's happening ! best communication if you lodge a complaint, however ,still not resolved !  

This message was authored by Runaway1 This message was authored by: Runaway1

Has anyone heard of any further progress? Still not working for me after about 19 days. Logged a complaint now too (removed)!

Moderator note: Removed campaigning.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion