Discussion topic: SOS permanently showing

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: roaming issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lace 

I have moved your post to the topic at hand on this issue where Sky have posted an update.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: roaming issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lace 

Your post has been merged into a discussion on this issue. Please see the post immediately above yours from Sky.,

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by lace This message was authored by: lace

Re: SOS permanently showing

unfortunately, it's not for me. I have restarted my phone a few times and checked the settings again but I'm still only getting SOS. Is there something else I should be doing? 

MichelleJ81
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichelleJ81 This message was authored by: MichelleJ81

Mine is working okay now thank goodness. There are a few options to try but if you've tried them all I'd try and contact Sky direct, although someone from Sky commented on this thread earlier saying there was an issue in the UK that caused it and that phones should now be working...

This message was authored by lace This message was authored by: lace

mine is still in SOS, I feel like I've tried everything.

does anyone know of a way to contact someone from sky direct online as I can't make phone calls?

MichelleJ81
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichelleJ81 This message was authored by: MichelleJ81

Try and send a message to @Chloe-W22 - she commented on my post earlier and is a Sky employee. I've attached a screenshot below...

IMG_5660.png

This message was authored by JayT79 This message was authored by: JayT79

Mine s the same in Canada at the moment. Have tried most suggestions but still showing. Any help appreciated.

MichelleJ81
Topic Author

I've included a screenshot in a previous message of mine, if you contact the Sky employee she may be able to help you. 

This message was authored by Adam+Ellis This message was authored by: Adam+Ellis

Hi there,

The issue still isn't resolved. It came back briefly this morning (Calgary time) but after an hour has disappeared again.

Making for a stressful holiday as I need data as I'm literally on the road.

Please could you advise when it will be fully fixed?

I've tried calling sky on every number to no avail, including the one quoted as being the intention number. 

Thanks! 

This message was authored by CraigH19 This message was authored by: CraigH19

Still not working. Connected for 5 mins then nothing 

MichelleJ81
Topic Author

@Anonymous  it's not working again for me either now yet it did this morning! Not impressed! 😤😤 

MichelleJ81
Topic Author

@Chloe-W22 this has happened again this afternoon in Canada! It worked fine this morning but now it has gone back to SOS.

we're all getting rather frustrated as can't make calls or send texts etc - can you advise asap please when this issue will be fixed? 

This message was authored by Fergy31 This message was authored by: Fergy31

@Adam+Ellis  We are also on tour and it's ruining our holiday. Same issue on both our phones. Our daughter called Sky as we can't but nothing so far.   @MichelleJ81 thanks for moving us to Canada thread. 

MichelleJ81
Topic Author

@Fergy31  I've tried to send a message on here to the Sky employee Chloe asking her for an update so hopefully she'll reply soon. Like you say; not ideal when you're on holiday - SOS seemed to disappear for me this morning but then later this afternoon it came back and no doubt Sky will still charge £2 because I had 4G for a few hours but certainly not all day! Very frustrating!

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, really sorry to see you're still having issues. I've had confirmation this seems to be intermittent for a small number of customers, support teams are still investigating and working with partners in Canada to resolve fully.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion