Discussion topic: SOS permanently showing

This message was authored by MichelleJ81 This message was authored by: MichelleJ81

SOS permanently showing

SOS is permanently showing in the right hand corner of my phone. I've switched off, back,  I've reinserted SIM card, I've switched on airplane mode etc etc and still nothing has worked. I'm in Canada at the moment but I've had data roaming on whilst I've been here and had no problems until today. Apple support can't help and advise me to contact Sky direct which I can't as it would cost me a fortune to ring them and they no longer have the live chat option! Help please! Thank you!

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: SOS permanently showing

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your patience whilst we worked through this problem.

We've received confirmation to advise that this problem has been resolved. Can you restart your phone if you are still having trouble and make sure your data roaming has been enabled 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Adam+Ellis This message was authored by: Adam+Ellis

I'm in Canada too and I'm having the exact same issue. Had no issues with data until today and have tried everything you've said. Must be an issue here! If it's still like this in the morning I'll have to give in and call them.

MichelleJ81
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichelleJ81 This message was authored by: MichelleJ81

Hey, thanks for your reply! Sounds like it might indeed be an issue in Canada! I even chatted with Apple on live chat and they checked my phone etc and said not a hardware issue etc so they think it could be Sky themselves. I'm gonna wait and see what happens tomorrow too, but if you do get through to them please feel free to let me know what they said! Failing that I'll just have to find wi fi spots and check messages etc then until I fly back to the UK on Sunday!

This message was authored by CraigH19 This message was authored by: CraigH19

The same is happening for me Im in Toronto and not had signal at all since this afternoon.

2nd time in last two days this has happened it was supposedly fixed yesterday but nope.

MichelleJ81
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply, this is really helpful! Hopefully it'll be sorted sooner rather than later as I can't get any messages etc through unless I can connect to wi fi somewhere! 

This message was authored by Pilgi This message was authored by: Pilgi

I am in Vancouver and am having same issues as other Sky users in Canada . I too have performed all steps to rectify to no avail . 

This message was authored by Fergy31 This message was authored by: Fergy31

Only emergency SOS since arriving in Canada

Since arriving in Canada yesterday i cant get any data network connection. I have followed all the recommendations including switching off dpend cap. Nothing has solved it. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Only emergency SOS since arriving in Canada

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try setting a spend cap and make sure the device is set to abroad:

Apple:
Settings > Mobile Data > SIM Applications > Make sure this is set to Abroad

Android:
Sky Menu App or SIM toolkit > Roaming > Make sure this is set to Abroad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Rachael241 This message was authored by: Rachael241

Re: No Mobile Signal while abroad

Hi, 

I arrived in Canada yesterday and am still having issues. I haven't received a text and have tried all the solutions advised.

I'm travelling on my own so it's urgent that this is sorted as I don't have access to maps etc. thanks. 

MichelleJ81
Topic Author

Re: Only emergency SOS since arriving in Canada

It certainly seems like it's an issue within Canada as a few of us have now had the same issue. Despite following all the online instructions on how to "fix" the issue it still isn't working!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No Mobile Signal while abroad

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rachael241 

I've moved your post into a thread discussing roaming issues whilst in Canada. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Gizmoworld7 This message was authored by: Gizmoworld7

I arrived in Vancouver yesterday.  Somehow managed to get the hire car to the hotel without access to maps.  Able to use hotel wi-fi and tried all the apparent fixes to no avail.  My iPhone briefly registered a connection to TELUS network then reverts to SOS.  I tried getting Sky to send my network settings but nothing arrived. Usually I automatically receive details about Sky passport but nothing.  I am thinking of buying a local sim only card to get by. All rather stressful.  

MichelleJ81
Topic Author

So sorry to hear this. My phone works fine on wi fi and has worked fine when using the passport every day right up until yesterday afternoon. Prior to that I got a text when I arrived to say how much the passport would be and then a text each time I activated data roaming. I've not switched on data roaming yet as have wi fi in my sisters house but may try later when we go out. Not ideal when you're on holiday, and like you say when you need access to maps etc it's rather frustrating. Let's hope it gets sorted asap! 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Sorry to hear you were having a problem roaming in Canada, our internal teams have advised there was an issue around UK lunchtime today but this is now resolved. So sorry for the inconvenience but this should be working now for you 🤞

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by lace This message was authored by: lace

roaming issues

I have been in Canada for a week, and the passport plus has been fine until today. Im now getting 'SOS' only so cant call Sky to solve and the chat assist isnt much help. 
i have been through all the processes to make sure my settings are still what they should be and i have no spend cap to stop it working. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion