Discussion topic: SKY sim card, not activating.

This message was authored by scottishscouser This message was authored by: scottishscouser

SKY sim card, not activating.

Hello. Received my new sim yesterday for a new contract. 

I activated the sim. Received an error message on the number port.

Received a message to say they was experiencing issues. 

Then an email.

The app confirms they are still activating the sim and will take some time. I called SKY, who said was none the wiser and I was told to wait longer than 24 hours. Any suggestions? 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: SKY sim card, not activating.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There isn't much you can do but to speak to them and suggest that they cancel that sim and issue you with a new one to try on the same account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by dmg33 This message was authored by: dmg33

I transferrred over last Tuesday and I'm in the same situation. Unable to make and receive calls or use mobile data. No coverage issues or problem with the local mast. I been in several parts of the UK this week and the issue has persisted. I filled in the online complaint form, agents have always told me to contact again in 24/48 hours. 

Thankfully when in a Wifi area can use whatsapp for text and voice calls. But when outside of one the phone is redundant.

I've read so many customers with this issue on theses boards. Do you think this issue could be down to a batch of "bad" sims? Do you know if Sky ever look at these  messageboards to identify any common service issues that people are experiencing?

Just wish Sky would do better in communicating about this issue and keeping customers up-to-date 

scottishscouser
Topic Author
This message was authored by scottishscouser This message was authored by: scottishscouser

I have spoken to SKY again and no surprise when I called SKY this morning. The advisor never done anything but leave a note on the account. 

The person I have just spoken to has sent the issue to the provisioning team.

I can but hope. SKY use to be top notch, They are as bad as TalkTalk. 

This message was authored by Lee1976 This message was authored by: Lee1976

I am in the exact same situation. They are taking quite a long time to fix this issue. I have been advised that I can move to another provider but they will not be able to provide a PAC until the issue is resolved. It sounds like a pretty major failing that they are struggling to fix......really annoying as a consumer as literally no service unless in wifi.

This message was authored by dmg33 This message was authored by: dmg33

I wouldn't accept that. I was transferred to a guy in Scotland on the retentions team. Issued me with the PAC code. 

Similar experiences I've had over the last few days. Agents just putting a note on the account and not escalating the issue. 

And to cap it all off they've taken the first monthly line rental lol

scottishscouser
Topic Author

Customer services asked me to wait 24 hours. I did. I called back and the first advisor had not raised the escalation to the provisioning team.

I waited another 24 hours. Sim not activated. I called cancellations who advised me this is a regular occurance at the moment. He cancelled the sim as he said it would otherwise sit in a pending status. 

The next day on Twitter SKY replied and said the similar to the guy in cancellations. 

What away to loose customers. 

This message was authored by PS21 This message was authored by: PS21

@scottishscouser  There is a huge thread about this. It seems there are a lot of people experiencing these problems, I even found a note about it happening as far back as a year ago, Sky obviously haven't learnt. Have a look at one of the threads 'New contract,, number ported, no calls, texts or internet' - and join the rest of us who cannot access airtime/data since moving across. Good luck, and if you do manage to either get through to anyone who can sort it out for you please share, there's a whole load of us having the same issues with Sky Mobile. 

scottishscouser
Topic Author

I have emailed the customer Priority team. Regarding this. To be honest,  If they won't activate a cheap sim so I can use the piggy bank data saved with the other sim card. Then I'll ask they simply release me from the other Sky Mobile sim only I have with them.

All SKY seem to want to do whilst on the call is to attempt to upgrade the device rather than resolve the issue.

Surely it cannot be difficult to activate a sim to a company the size of SKY. It should be a priority with their IT department. 

This message was authored by PS21 This message was authored by: PS21

@scottishscouser I agree, you would think a company the size of Sky should have the back up to deal with anything, that's one of the reasons I decided to try Sky, I assumed they'd have the support in place. Good luck with their Priority team. Please share if you manage to get anywhere with them, it would give the rest of us hope if nothing else!

scottishscouser
Topic Author

Customer Priority come back to me. They offered me a replacement sim and they would ensure it was activated, Or leave to a competitor and any commitments on existing sims would be waived. I took them up on the offer to leave and I went to Smarty.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion