Discussion topic: Roaming charges

This message was authored by SueNoakes78 This message was authored by: SueNoakes78

Roaming charges

Hi my daughter is going to France on a school trip. I want her to be able to use her phone as normal so she can contact me. Just wondered about charges. Is roaming automatic? Happy to pay extra £2 a day but can't see where to set it up. Don't want to get stung for extra charges. Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Roaming charges

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The £2 charge kicks when your daughter makes a call, sends a text or uses more than 10mb of mobile data. It then allows her to access her usual package if she was back in the UK. Calls to local numbers in France will be charged at international rates but calls to UK mobiles and landlines come within the charge.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The £2 charge kicks when your daughter makes a call, sends a text or uses more than 10mb of mobile data. It then allows her to access her usual package if she was back in the UK. Calls to local numbers in France will be charged at international rates but calls to UK mobiles and landlines come within the charge.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
SueNoakes78
Topic Author
This message was authored by SueNoakes78 This message was authored by: SueNoakes78

Thank you for that, that's really helpful. I've just increased her spending cap to cover £2 a day so hopefully she is all set. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion