Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Bryan_Jacobs This message was authored by: Bryan_Jacobs

Re: OTP not being sent

Has this problem been fixed for everyone? I'm still having issues 

This message was authored by Paulleach This message was authored by: Paulleach

Still not working for me.

This message was authored by western1897 This message was authored by: western1897

I'm now sorted on my investment site - the solution was driven by them with Sky. I can also get on to NS & I ok, albeit there's a messsge on the front page acknowledging people struggling to get OTPs - not sure this has been solved 

This message was authored by Amber31 This message was authored by: Amber31

Worked for what I needed it for (NS&I) but haven't required another OTP since. However, I have bought a new SIM with another supplier as I was out of contract with Sky and was disgusted with their lack of information/urgency/apology!

This message was authored by Marie0416 This message was authored by: Marie0416

Yes mine is sorted thankfully 

hope everyone else gets sorted soon 🤞

This message was authored by Bryan_Jacobs This message was authored by: Bryan_Jacobs

This is the email I was sent this morning 

Good morning Bryan,

I am writing to you regarding your complaint with Sky Mobile, I hope this message finds you well.

We have received confirmation that the issue our customers were facing when trying to receive one time passcodes has been resolved. Could you please test this and reply to let us know if you are now able to receive one time passcodes? 

Kind regards

Kimberly

This message was authored by Hotspur+Vik This message was authored by: Hotspur+Vik

I'm getting so fed up with this now, it's been a problem for a whole month. I wrote on here a couple of days ago to say the problem had been fixed and I was receiving my OTPs, but once again today I was unable to make a credit card payment as the OTP didn't arrive. This is ridiculous. I would leave Sky, but I remember when I quit Lyca last year it was because I wasn't receiving SMS's so there's obviously a wider problem.

This message was authored by James19752 This message was authored by: James19752

Well, I have just tried again and it still doesn't work for me from Santander.

I spoke to them on Friday am and they said it should be fixed with 24-48 hours.

This message was authored by Clemmie479 This message was authored by: Clemmie479

It seems the problem I had with OTPs is sorted (for now at least). I remain disappointed with Sky's response time and willingness to divulge information though, it's taken the shine of them for me. I won't renew my contracts with them. 

This message was authored by AnnKinge This message was authored by: AnnKinge

I have received my first Santander OPT in a month !  I reported to Sky on 14th March - was told 24 hours, then I was told 3-5 days and on 19th March I was again told 3-5 days. When that didn't happen I gave up. all other OTPs coming through fine just affecting Santander. Today one came through. I do find it strange it's only affecting Santander

This message was authored by Coxy13 This message was authored by: Coxy13

Unable to receive texts

I am unable to receive text messages - including OTPs, doctors links etc very important stuff 

earlier I couldn't call or receive calls but that has been restored, however texting hasn't. 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for your continued feedback and comments regarding this issue. 

Work has been done to resolve the majority of the issues seen with our supplier however I am noticing still a bit of noise on the thread with customers saying things have not been working still.

I would like any users who are still having issues to complete another OTP request.  If this is still not working, please use this example whilst completing our form we are using to collating individual examples found here: https://forms.office.com/e/dUU97GjGSU

We are looking for examples within the last 48 hours.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by James19752 This message was authored by: James19752

Mine is still not working after nearly a week.

Just phoned Sky to be told that they are still working on it and to give them another 2-3 days!

This is just not good enough.

I have no access to my online banking, as I need the OTP to get it reinstated.

Sky, get it sorted! Not good enough for the size of company you are.

Let's hope compensation follows for those affected, as it is very frustrating and stressful.

This message was authored by Paulleach This message was authored by: Paulleach

Mine is still not working, and I'm not surprised.

This message was authored by Tudor1 This message was authored by: Tudor1

Re: Unable to receive OTP's

It has been 3 and a half weeks now since I've been unable to access my mobile banking due to the problems of not being able to receive OTP's.  I read on this forum about having the OTP sent to me my email address.  I have tried twice with Santander but for some reason this does not work either.  I think it time to cancel sky mobile and close and transfer my bank account!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion