Discussion topic: New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet

This message was authored by PS21 This message was authored by: PS21

Re: New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet

@Lewis101  Did you get your calls & airtime up and running with Sky?

This message was authored by LeedsRhinos2023 This message was authored by: LeedsRhinos2023

Nope, after 2 weeks they said Network team would call me back in 3-5 working days. They've been saying this for 2 weeks so I told them I'm cancelling the phone, returning and getting gone back to EE

Funnily enough, on my last online chat with them they said it will be fixed in 3-5 working days (which expired last week), Needless to say, no one has. Apart from a scammer last night I've not had a single reply to my emails and social media messages to them. Complete waste of time.

@LeedsRhinos2023  @Redline   @Joewakastan @ACB 

Looks like they've had similar problems as far back as last year! 

Screenshot_20240615_170659_Samsung Internet.jpg

This message was authored by Amyg84 This message was authored by: Amyg84

Been having the same issue since my number transferred from o2 on 4th June.

It's ridiculous that it's taking this long to fix. 
I have missed appointments, work calls all because of this. Getting very frustrated with sky! 

Hello @Amyg84 . Welcome to the gang! Seems we are all Sky Mobile customers on here who are paying for their services and finding out we are actually being cut off from the rest of the world! Have you had any kind of contact from Sky Mobile at all? (If it wasn't for my home wifi I would be lost.)

@PS21 

I rang up Sky off my sons mobile to originally report the problem to which they said someone would ring me in a few days!?!? Even though I'd just reported I couldn't make of receive calls on my phone 🙈 I gave them my sons number to ring me on. 
obviously they never rang back, so after 5 days of not being able to use my phone I used my sons phone to ring back. Sky then told me it was now a known issue and I wasn't the only one!! And they were working on the problem to to give it 2-3 more days. 
So 3 days later I rang back to which I got exactly the same answer and to give it 2-3 more days 😡

it's annoying and I would change back to o2 but the reason I changed to sky was because the rest of the family are using sky sims and I like the whole sharing data piggy bank idea. 
It's obviously only affected my SIM card as I transferred my number for ease but maybe it would be easier to have a new number at this rate! 

@Amyg84 It seems we are all being fed the same lines. What I cannot understand is, if it's a known issue, which has obviously been going on a very long time (if you see the attachment to one of my other posts you'll see it was happening a year ago!), then why are they not on top of a way to deal with it by now?!  I honestly thought Sky would be on top of dealing with problems like this but I now think they just ignore the situation and fob us off until we change provider. They have no support system for customers whatsoever.  I still haven't had a single response to all my emails and social media messages (other than a scammer!). 

@Amyg84 

Screenshot_20240616_101259_Gallery.jpg

This message was authored by LeedsRhinos2023 This message was authored by: LeedsRhinos2023

Another issue (and please do not view this as racist in any form) but when I did call to discuss, every time I spoke with someone with terrible English and they spoke fast. I kept having to ask they slow down as struggling to understand. That on top of obviously they were reading froma script.

The service with Sky Mobile has been the worst I've ever seen. I went back to EE and they have been FANTASTIC

@PS21 

Did that issue ever get resolved from 2023? 

Does anyone know if the issue has ever been resolved without having to switch back to another provider? 

@Amyg84  It would be good to find out. So far, I haven't come across anything more to that thread. 

@Amyg84 Please let me know if you manage to find anything out. Thanks.

This message was authored by WNeil This message was authored by: WNeil

You can add me to the list of frustrated customers waiting for their full mobile connection, I can only receive texts. I have been in touch with the Mobile help line three times now over the last week and considering the number of messages posted here find it amazing they were totally unaware of the problem, seems to me to be a systematic system fault which considering it was going on a year ago you would think they had resolved or could easily resolve. I have of this morning been transferred to the technical department, I had viewed that optimistically perhaps after reading all of your posts naively. We shall see, if anybody gets it resolved can you let us know and how they did it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion